27) Letting Go

*the day of the talent show*

Namjoon and Hoseok run into Jimin's room after hearing the angst screams as soon as they entered his house. They burst through the door, seeing Jimin poke his eyes with his fingers while screaming. They immediately pull his arms away and place him on the bed, yelling until they're head exploded.

Namjoon: What the fuck Jimin?!

Hoseok: What the hell are you doing?!

Jimin pouts and crosses his arms before answering.

Jimin: I'm trying to change my eye color. It's been stuck on purple since the fight.
(Purple means extreme sadness.)

Namjoon and Hoseok's faces relax some as they take a seat next to Jimin, who moves away from them. Jimin was the type of person who didn't like to be touched or talked to when he depressed or mad. Otherwise, he'd lash out and say things he would regret later. But right now, Namjoon and Hoseok didn't care what Jimin did. They wanted to help Jimin.

Namjoon: Jimin, you need to talk to us. You can't stay hidden in your room forever.

Jimin: I can and I will.

Namjoon and Hoseok look at each other with sad eyes, feeling their hearts break at the sight of their best friend slowly killing himself with sadness. As soon as Jimin looked at their faces, he knew that they were in pain too. And he was the cause of it. Jimin realized that they were right, he can't stay hidden in his room forever.

Jimin: It never stops hurting does it?

Hoseok: What?

Jimin: Giving someone the best of you and watching them chose someone else.

Namjoon sighs.

Namjoon: He didn't chose anyone else. He loves you.

Jimin becomes defensive and his face tenses.

Jimin: Yeah? How do you know?

Namjoon sighs as Hoseok places a hand on his thigh, trying to soothe him.

Namjoon: I can't tell you Jimin. You need to hear it from Yoongi, the one you love, in order for it to mean something.

Jimin scoffs.

Jimin: Love is overrated. It always leaves you weak in the end.

Hoseok: But don't you think it's worth it?

Jimin thinks for a bit before responding to his question.

Jimin: No, not if it destroys who you are.

As the words leave Jimin's mouth, Namjoon's phone goes off. He looks at Jimin who nods at him. Namjoon looks at his phone, seeing the text from Jungkook.

Jungkook's text: Get Jimin to go to the talent show. Yoongi is going.

Namjoon shows the text to Hoseok while Jimin wasn't looking and Hoseok gives him a nod, immediately diving into action. He throws his body on Jimin, cuddling him as he screamed in annoyance.

Jimin: Yah, get off of me you oversized baboon!

Namjoon laughs as Hoseok pouts in Jimin's waist.

Hoseok: But I wanna hear you sing! The talent show is today!

Jimin went silent. They were expected Jimin to start crying at the thought of the talent show but instead he shot up from bed and ran around his room like a mad mad.