chapter 1

All I see is hatred in his eyes I usually see rage but tonight, tonight is different, tonight he hates me. I try so hard to make this marriage work.  We got married when I was twenty years of age and he twenty-four, we've only been married for two years. We have been together since high school, it was a battle to get my parents to agree to our relationship.I'm from the beautiful island Haiti, the t.v. commercials don't give my country justice. We are like any other county have the rich, middle class, and of course the poor. Haitian parents are really protective of their children, when I told my parents I was in a relationship and in love with Brandon when I was only in 9th grade my mom almost had a heart attack.After I had finished high school they said they were okay with us dating. I was so happy and in love with this man, that is now sitting across from me. I'm just sitting in my seat reminiscing about what we use to be and trying to understand what went wrong.

"Why the fuck are you looking at me!"

I jump a little shocked, I didn't realize I was staring at him, I quickly look down at my plate.

"Eat your motherfucking food I paid for it!".

"Brandon I'm not hungry I told you that before you bought the food"

"Are you talking back to me? Did I ask you a question bitch? Eat your food or you will not eat for a week."

"You will not speak to me in that fashion,  get your priorities in order, I'm going to bed, goodnight Brandon"

"Maya sit your ass down!"

He stood up and raised his hand to slap me. I swear I could hear the wind behind it, I fell to the floor hitting the back of my neck on the chair I was sitting in, on the way down to the floor.

"I told you to sit down!"

I could see the outrage and the hatred in his eyes, I don't love him anymore and I don't remember when  I stopped. Every time he drinks he gets like this. He looks at me on the floor, takes his belt off and says

"You can't do anything right"

He wraps his belt around his hand

"I'ma beat you until you get some fucking sense!" He runs towards me with his hands up ready to hit me, I see two knives on the table.

---I hope you guys liked it O:-)-- will update tomorrow 8/10/14