Enroute

Alaina's POV

Brad's limo took us to the airport.The whole ride I was quiet and we didn't talk to each other sitting on the separate side of the car.When we reached the airport there was a staff waiting to carry the luggage for us .Obviously Brad never carries even his luggage at the airport.They were so insistent to even carry my light weight purse that i had to literally push them from taking it.Brad gave me an weird look.I followed the staff to the private airfield of Brad where his own private jet was waiting.Guess,I shouldn't be surprised  that he wouldn't  even consider sitting in Business class like normal snobby rich people.Brad didn't even bother turning around to see my face  .Good cause if he did he would see my gawking at it.The jet was waiting lit bright with the pilot standing outside and the air hostess waiting at the entrance of the jet.

"Brad ,pleasure to see you with your wife finally.",he said smiling at me.

"Yeah,i'm really sorry to call you at this time to take us to ..",he was stopped by the pilot before he could tell where he was taking me.

"hey,itsok,you are paying me well and then I get to see your pretty wife here.",he winked at me.

"Yeah.sorry.Alaina ,this is my college friend,Harrison.We used to study at Harvard though not in the same class.He is also the pilot of my jet.I can only trust him with my life 2000 feet high."

"Hahah...Wow you must be really brave to bear Brad,he turns more whiny in the air.I am glad that I am blocked by the door or else my plane would have crashed many times."

"Yeah,I will take your word for that.Don't worry this time he will bug my ears off rather than yours.",i said seriously.

"I like this one.Now I  feel sad that i have to sit in the pilots cabin and fly the plane.",he laughed.Brad rolled his eyes.

We followed Harrison inside the plane.The air hostess was too excited to see Brad and literally stretched her teeth too wide.I thought she would be able to fit the whole plane inside her mouth and can probably advertise for  a toothpaste commercial.Her skirt was so tight and just few inches above her thighs and her top was too tight to even stand on land forget flying high in it.

When i entered the flight .It looked so much like a living room of a presidential suite. The seating chairs were joined in a circular chain with the sofas looking so plushy and  a huge 108 inch LCD TV hung. A bar at the other side of the flight fully stocked with drinks .

Brad went and sat at one end of the couch.I chose the other end.He immediately opened his laptop and started working.I couldn't stare at him as I felt i was invading his privacy.I turned to see the view from the windows. As a child I never got to travel in planes forget luxurious ones.I just wished wherever we are going ,we don't have to see each other and can get a separate room.I was falling asleep leaning on the window.Suddenly i am shaken awake in the shoulders by Brad.

"Hey,you should go sleep in the bed.",he said gently.

I was surprised by how close he was to me.I could feel his breath on my face.

"The bed?",i wondered where would be a bed  on a plane.

He laughed."Yeah there's a room with a bed and you can go and sleep there."

"what about you?"

"I wont be needing sleep.I have work to do.You go ahead.He motioned me towards the room.

"Thanks.wake me up if you want to sleep."

"There wont be any need for it.",he said confidently.

I opened the door to the room.It was exactly like a 5star hotel room with a 78 inch LCD TV, a refrigerator with stocked drinks,chocolates ,fruits and sandwiches.I took out a mango juice bottle.The bed was larger than my bed in my old house and so comfortable and bouncy.There was a washroom inside the room with stocked soaps,beauty products.I went to the washroom washed my face . I fell into the bed lazily.I fell asleep in a minute.

I woke up after 8 hours and it was morning.I went to the washroom and freshened up and even took a bath.God knows how many hours I will have to be in the plane.I left my room to see Brad sleeping on the sofa with a rum bottle half empty on the table and his laptop still left alone with papers scattered on the table.I went and put a cushion under his head and positioned his body properly on the couch and put a blanket over him.

Just then the air hostess came and was going to speak. I shushed her and asked for a cup of ginger tea and prepare a breakfast for Brad as he would be definitely hungry after having an hangover and boy he could eat.

I still didn't know where we are going to go.Brad woke up after an hour.He was surprised to see me sitting on the sofa  other side sipping coffee .

"whoa...what time is it?"

"depends in work time or normal human time?"

"huh?"

"You have been working yourself too much and after sending me to sleep ,you slept here on a couch.You need to take a break"

"I have to work what I can now as after this plane lands,we will be watched like a hawk and we will have to play the lovey dovey couple to the T.",he said annoyed like it left a bad taste in his mouth.I know it annoys me too but somehow it felt bad this time like i was not even worth spending time with.

I didn't  say anything after that.in fact i went back to ignoring him.The air hostess came with a big tray of orange juice ,bacon,sausage,tomato sandwiches,cheese omelets and cereals. Oh my god do they have a restaurant hidden inside a plane.

Brad looked surprised.The air hostess thought he would shout at her so she immediately said"Mrs Carter told me to get it for you and hour back.Is there anything wrong?",she said meekly.

"No No its fine.Thank you.Just put it here and please get the cake which i told you to put it in the refrigerator yesterday.That's all.",he said politely.

I got up to go to  the room.

"Hey where are you going?",he asked.

"well i thought i would change considering  i don't know when we will land and people will be looking at us like hawks.",i said sarcastically.

He sighed and went to his food.I went into the room and fell on the bed looking at the ceiling.God please help me.Why did I just agree to this marriage?