unexpected savior

Authors note

This is dedicated to my sincerest follower and fan SwtMichii. You are so sweet and thank you so much :*

PS:photo of carolines gown on the side.

Alainas POV
I stepped down from the stairs .My hands touching down the railing not because I had seen it in movies but due to the fear of not falling on my face and making a fool of myself in front of Brad and his stupid friends.

As i stepped down  every ones eye were locked on me and their faces stunned as if  they had seen Hitler in a gown. Gosh did I look so bad?

Brad was stunned too for at least 5 minutes. The longest I have seen. He stopped talking to his friends immediately when he saw everyone looking at  someone behind him. That idiot didn't even have the decency to look at me when my name was announced but only because his curiosity got better out of him. Brads Dad who had announced my name was looking proud. He came towards me and patted me on my back."Alaina don't worry these people are just not used to seeing Brads gal in full clothes and have a character. Just ignore them and if they trouble you. Feel free to call me and now go to Brad he will introduce you to others.",he said  smilingly. He was a nice father. God,seriously Brad was a lucky dog.My apologies to the dog kingdom for comparing them with Brad.

I went forward to Brad with a fake smile plastered on my face. Brad quickly took over himself and came forward with a fake smile plastered "Al, darling,you made me wait so long.",and then he came and whispered in my ear, I could smell his cologne which smelled very expensive and mix of wood musk and mint,it was so addicting,"didn't think had it in you." and slipped his hands on my waist.I stamped on his feet with my heels."Awwww...what?",he said looking at me painfully.I gave him a nice smile "oh sorry honey, didn't see your  small feet.",i said loudly for every ones benefit.Everyone laughed  and Brad glared and tightened his arms a little too painfully and whispered in my ear"You are getting paid to make me look good not humiliate me."I nodded  not wanting to get into deep conversations with him now.I looked at him properly now,He was obviously wearing an expensive tailored suit which emphasized his broad shoulders and his chest which hinted of a fully developed abs and his biceps were tight like waiting to be torn any minute from the suit.If i didn't know his personality,I would have been swooning over him but yeah the minute he opens his mouth. I  feel like running to ice land.

He turned us towards the guests and introduced me to the first man on his side, an old about 60 year old man."Al,darling meet Mr smith, the director of Cater and Co and Mr Smith this is my fiancee Alaina.",he said arrogantly. Oh my god this guy was the director of the company  I used to work in.I smiled and shaked his hands"Nice to meet you Mr Smith."."The pleasures all mine.",he said smiling nicely at me. Wow he seriously doesn't think I am a gold digger .I spoke too soon.The girl next to him was clearly giving me glares and dirty looks as if I am a rag picker and I came here in my work clothes.She was tall thin and tanned. She was wearing an too stylish dark pink colour gown cut at below her assets and emphasized that with a cut to show her long legs. Wow she really had to be pretty and mean."Meet my daughter Caroline .",he said pointing to the girl who hated me.She gave me a fake smile which lasted almost 2 seconds didn't even shake my hand or anything."We used to study in the same college and are friends.",Brad said.Great he might have even banged her no wonder she hates me."Yeah what were those days,you have changed your  taste in wine and women.",she said flatly. I didn't know what to say considering her dad was near her and he was the director. Her father gave her a glare and said"yeah ,I never expected him to settle with a well classy and dignified women like you. I am proud of you Brad.",he said patting Brad.Wow was he such a big playboy that even his company director would taunt him openly.Brad just laughed and pulled me close to him and said"yeah I guess being drunk had some advantages.",he said with a small smile. Great hes telling people that he was drunk as his reason for choosing me as his fiancee.