Two sides of a coin

“Alaina ,I know you are awake”, he said softy and in an amused tone. I still ignored him. “Alaina, if you don’t look at me now, I am going to sprinkle water on you & then don’t start making fussy faces about your hair.”, he said trying to be strict. I still ignored him. I am not in a mood for confrontation.

“Dammit Alaina, I am tired of your stubbornness. Cut me some slack.”, he said angrily. The whole room echoed with his voice.

“Then go .No one’s asked you to help me or do any favours. I am not a charity case .Ever since I woke up, you are treating me like I am a burden on you and you look so disappointed to see me then go. YOU DON’T HAVE TO SEE ME ANYMORE.I am sure Mr Carter has many more important things to do and can get anyone to play Mrs Carter as now even his image is maligned being with me. I won’t mind. Go find someone of your type maybe someone like Caroline. I will return your money and I am sorry for wasting your time on a girl like me. It’s been nice seeing you BRAD. PLEASE LEAVE .GOOOOO “, I turned and shouted at him mostly from being half scared and being pushed around like I was a charity case. I do know that I am not independent and should be thankful but my dignity is a completely another island.

He was shocked at my outburst but he should have expected it after provoking me like that. What did he think I was a pushover? Or that he saved me I will be kissing the ground he walks on but surprise Mr Brad You need to work hard to even make me consider you as a human being. Yes, he saved me but that’s what’s expected of any normal person and I am doing us both a favour by ending this fake whatever it is . Since I myself don’t know what to call it. I am tired of it.

He stared at me for two minutes angrily. “Fine as you WISH.”, he said and left banging the hospital door. The room still trembled with the silence after the banging of the door. I started crying . I thought I would be happy when this would be over but I felt empty and somewhere hopeless after being treated exactly like I was expected to be treated by a billionaire asshole.I sobbed for 1 hour and then when my tissue box had got over. I buzzed the nurse .

“Yes Miss Fletcher, can I help you”, she asked me politely.

“Yeah, can you get me a tissue bo-“, I stopped when I saw the front page of the newspaper she was carrying. It had a picture of me. Why is my picture on the paper.

“Oh,hey can I have a newspaper.”, I asked her politely.

She looked scared and nervous as if I had asked her to get me a  whisky bottle being admitted in the hospital.

“Is there anything wrong?”, I asked trying to get it out of her.

“umm..Mr Brad has asked us not to give you any newspapers even if they are in finnish.”,she said formally .

Typical Brad ordering people.Yeah but he’s not here so I don’t give a shit about what he wants for me.

“Look just between us girls. I need the newspaper badly. I won’t tell anyone and I doubt that Brad will come for me soon”, ever I said in my mind.

“Ok mam, “, she said giving me the newspaper in her hand.

“Thanks a lot.”, I literally devoured the newspaper.

“OH MY GOD”, I said after reading the headline. The front page of the gossip paper titled “WHORE OR DAMSEL IN DISTRESS “ . I immediately called the nurse and asked for more papers.

The other papers had headlines like “Is this girl right for Mr Carter?”, “Gold digger traps Brad in a lawsuit”, “Bad choice, Brad” etc.

OH MY GOD. What’s going on in the world? There’s no paper pointing fingers at Justin Asshole rapist. I read one entire article to know what’s going on.

The engagement party of Mr Brad Carter, the most eligible hunk millionaire who just got engaged created more furores than expected and for more wrong reasons. It started as a normal party with Mr Brad introducing his fiancée, Alaina Fletcher, a commoner who worked under him before quitting. Though no one in the ‘Carter and sons’ knows the reason. Though an employee named Justine said she was very unprofessional and never had the standard for working at ‘Carters and sons ‘and  had expected this to happen as Brad deserves an classy woman.

Coming back to the story. Miss Fletcher had accused Justin of trying to rape her and ended up with her getting admitted to the hospital and Justin taken by the police for interrogation . A few party socialites who were present at the event were asked about the happenings. Most women sided with Justin saying they believed him as he would have no reason to attack a girl like Alaina and she was just making it up to get attention. Brad Carter had apparently punched Justin that leaded him to be admitted in the hospital but he’s fine and has filed a case against Brad for assaulting him. There were a few press companies too which filed a case against Brad for he punched one of the reporters when being questioned on ‘Whether Alaina was a whore or not?’. Looks like Miss Fletcher has not brought that much of good luck but trouble in Brad’s life. The results of the case will be revealed in the months’ time as the hearing is at the end of the month. Looks like the whole of USA is interested in the  hunk billionaire businessman’s love life . Both the lawyers are prepping up. When asked Brads lawyer ,Mr Bundchen,whos  the best lawyer this side of pacific, here’s what he said “We have evidence ,proof, witness and character witness too ,so we don’t have to worry about every allegation or claim made against us. We are not going to react to the press so it’s no use probing us. You have to wait till the end of the month.”. Looks like someone’s confident. Let’s hope this case brings the true face of Mrs to be Carter.”

OH MY GOD. WHAT DID I DO?