Home sweet home

I was shocked. In a state of blank mind. I didn’t know what to believe. Whether to believe what my eyes saw or to believe all who are against me. I so wished I could go live on an island isolated away from everyone. Why is Brad doing this? What does he want? Why is he going on pretending that he cares for me making me a bad guy? This guy is so twisted. He punched a reporter for me. Why? Maybe he couldn’t bear someone calling the Mrs would be Brad Carter a whore not because he couldn’t bear someone calling Alaina Fletcher a whore.

Katherine came after an hour. “Alaina sweetheart, pack your things quick, we are leaving in 10 minutes.” she said in a sing song manner. Quite happy for a mother whose son’s engagement just got broken and badmouthed in press?

“Where?”, I asked curious.

“Of course to our house, darling.”, she said as if it was the most natural answer.

“But, mm…..” how to explain to her that I just ended my contract of fake engagement with her son.

“I know, you are worrying about Brad “, she said laughingly. “But it’s Brad who suggested you stay with us as it is you are a family now so it doesn’t matter and it’s not safe to leave you alone in your house in this condition. You need dressings frequently and we don’t know anyone else to call to take care of you. Since we are a family, family sticks together,darling.”,she said all in one breath without blinking an eye like it was the most natural thing to give shelter to a girl who ruined your sons media image and created trouble for him.

“I really appreciate your concern Katherine but I can’t force myself on you after all what I did. You have a right to hate me and I will completely understand if you do. I deserve it but you don’t have to force yourself to take care of me. I can look after myself. It’s really no big deal.” I said apologizing.

“ALAINA, listen to me carefully and I will say it only once, you are not a trouble you are a family. You don’t deserve anything. It’s not your fault. It could have happened to anyone. Even I have a daughter, Ade and it could have happened to her too and if it did, I would never want her to think like that and I am glad Brad was there. ”, she said angrily, most angry I have ever seen till now.

“I really appreciate your generosity but Katherine I cant..”,I said thinking of some way to refuse as I really couldn’t face Brad after what I said.

“SHUT UP ALAINA FLETCHER SOON TO BE CARTER OR I WILL DRAG YOU LIKE THIS AND WE CAN LET THE WORLD SEE YOU LIKE THIS,YOUR CHOICE”, she said  with a straight face.

“ok,I will go with your choice.”, I said giving up after all it was BRAD’S idea.

We packed my whatever things were remaining and left .We left through the backdoor in a Porsche with dark sleek windows. The paparazzi was at the front gate unaware . I was with his mom in the car.

“Where are others?”, I  said not directly wanting to ask about Brad.

“Oh Ade is actually busy preparing your room and William has gone to settle the security issues of the house as we will need tight security as you will be with us and we don’t want anything to hurt you.”, she said smilingly. I smiled back at her. She didn’t say anything about Brad, guess he clearly was not doing anything for my arrival .I got the hint he’s not interested in my well-being.

We reached the mansion. Guess I will never get used to its enormity. The guards opened the door for us immediately and greeted us. The paparazzo was still hounding the doors. The guards did a good job distracting them.

Ade greeted me at the door with a pineapple mocktail in her hand for me.

“Alainaaaaaa……Oh my god how are you?” she screeched pulling me in for a hug. I hugged her back smiling. She was dressed in black and white stripped dress and a jimmy choo sandal. She always looked glamorous.

“Ade stop, the paparazzi outside too can hear you, seriously she’s not going anywhere so take your time.” Katherine said scoldingly to Ade.

Ade looked embarrassed.” Ok Alaina I will show you your room you will love it.”

William entered and gave me an fatherly hug.”Nice to see you in good health Alaina though seeing Ade with you looks like it will be for a short time.”,he said jokingly.

“Dad, not you now. Brad replacement, clearly he goes out and you take his place.”, she said looking angrily at William.

“He’s gone out?”, I asked surprised.

“Yeah he had to go to the LA branch for some immediate meeting with the board of directors there ,they had some issue with the recent scandal so Brad has gone to settle it. He should be back though he hasn’t mentioned when.” , William said smiling at me.

“Oh “, I said smiling back at him and little relieved I don’t have to face Brad now. I could take some time off.

Looks like it won’t be that bad.