Prologue

This is one of my favourite songs as a reason to be used at the beginning of this book. I hope you have fun reading this chapter. And don't forget to vote and give feedback. I will be using POV (Point of View) of some of the characters. Italics will be used when the cannon fodder is thinking/talking to baobao (the system). This text will be used throughout the book. My comment will be in brackets ( ). When the System is/explaining this to its host it will in parathesis [ ]. ENJOY!

.

.

.

I walked home from work excited because today was our third anniversary. I know he will be at work so I wanted to prepare a surprise for him before he comes back from work. And if you guessed it yes! You are right I am going to propose to him tonight because I want to own it like a boss! (Author-sama: go get some) Well enough of the thoughts, I am almost home.

As I get closer to the house I hear moans and lewd noises and wonder "What the heck is going on." I get in the house and opened the door to my bedroom to find my best friend and boyfriend having sex on the bed we shared for the past 3 years. Anger clouds my mind from what I am seeing and I scream to get their attention. My boyfriend was the first to look up with his eyes wide with panic. It lasted for 2 minutes before he scrambled to find his clothes I looked at both of them with disgust and kicked them at of my apartment into the freezing winter. My boyfriend banged the door for sometime before going away. I cried my eyes out for a good 4 hours before telling myself that he is not worth it.

But it still hurt the betrayal and how he broke my trust had me promising myself never to fall in love. That night I cried myself to sleep. I woke feeling like hell but the world moved on like what happened yesterday wasn't real. If not for the dishevelled appearance of my living room I would have believed it to be so. I dress and decide to go to work for after all I will be needing the money.

On my way, I stop by the traffic light to wait for my turn to cross the road. As I was crossing it a truck at me with full force and knocks me down. (Author-sama: truck-sama strikes again) As I fall I hear muffled sounds of sirens and people talking. The last voice I hear is "Welcome Host, to Cannon Fodder Cn Surpass Female Lead System"

'