Chapter 70 - Oblivious

After a short while and a really great conversation with everyone, including the returning Mina and Chaeyoung, Jennie spoke to the group at the table:

"Okay, Lisa and I will be going now, but it was really nice to see you all!"

"It really was! I hope I'll get to see you live again!" Lisa added with a smile.

"Oh definitely Lisa! And if our schedule won't be killing us, it would be great to see you after the show as well!" Jihyo replied. They all waved at them as Jennie and Lisa went out of the club.

"I'm sorry..." Jennie apologized.

"For what?" Lisa was confused.

"I didn't ask you... We were supposed to hang out alone, and I pushed you to hang out with my friends without telling you. I'm sorry.... But we can hang out alone now, if you want to... I mean, with my bodyguards but.. You know..." Jennie was looking at the ground as she said that.

Lisa then turned around and stopped Jennie in her tracks. She cupped her face with her hands and looked her right in the eyes:

"Jennie, you don't have to apologize for that." Whoa, where did this courage come from, go me! Lisa mused. She continued: "You just wanted to introduce me to Nayeon and I... actually appreciate that... You know, knowing your friends and all... And I mean, they were super nice, who wouldn't want to hang out with them?" Lisa then put her hands down, realizing it might've made Jennie uncomfortable. Whoa... Lisa touching my face just now... That was... different.

Jennie just smiled and replied:

"Do you want to go back inside? They're still probably in there-"

"No, no!" Lisa interrupted. "I mean... They're great! But if you had something else in mind... Watson is here!" She tried to lighten up the mood and this put a huge grin on Jennie's face.

"You're so sweet Lisa." She said with a faint smile as they continued to walk to the limousine. "I'm really glad you've met my friends, especially Nayeon. She really likes you, I've told her about you so... Yeah."

"Oh, I can tell!" Lisa replied with a grin.

"Whaaat...? Friends talk to friends about other friends!" Jennie defended.

"I agree! Chaeng knows way too much about you as well!" Lisa giggled as she said that and Jennie joined in. "But anyway Jennie... Don't worry... I appreciate your apology but you didn't need to apologize. You did nothing wrong and I know you certainly meant nothing wrong. Plus, did you know that during the evening, at the table, when I mentioned that it was my birthday and everyone congratulated me, well... later in the bathroom, Jeongyeon and Jihyo sang "Happy Birthday" to me! That was like... freaking gold!"

"Hahaha I did not know that! I mean, I saw everyone congratulate you at the table but you didn't mention anything that happened in the bathroom."

"Well, the rest was just us talking, so I forgot to mention, but yeah... We talked, you know... friends talking to friends about other friends." Lisa teased as they got into the car.

"Oh you!" Jennie replied.

I can't tell her anything about my possible feelings in the limousine... I know I'm a coward but... It's really hard and awkward to be genuine when there are two bodyguards there. AND another person driving in the front. Lisa mused. Plus, I still don't know what happened to the guy she's not seeing and the friend she possibly has feelings for.

"Where are we heading now?" Lisa asked, trying to come up with a good strategy on finding out Jennie's current love life situation. Jennie's response stopped her in her thinking.