Chapter 9 - The Nicknames

"These fries... Mmph! Are probably the best fries I've ever had!" Lisa spoke with a full mouth. She knew it was rude but she couldn't help it.

"I'm glad you like 'em!" Jennie too spoke with a full mouth and they both chuckled while enjoying their food. "They really are great" She added. Lisa is so great! I can totally relax when we talk, she really seems like someone I could hang out with if we only lived in the same country. She's so quirky, yet so adorable. And we can goof around like we've known each other for longer than an hour.

I know I shouldn't. I know it's wrong. I know it will only lead me to disappointment, but I could get used to hanging around with Jennie. Like, I feel we're connecting, not just on a star-fangirl level, but on a friend-to-friend level. But I really can't think about it too much, can I? After this event, everything will get back to normal, she'll have a music career, I will have my career, so yeah... I better enjoy these moments while they last. Lisa mused as they were both being silent for once, dipping their fries into ketchup.

I really enjoy this silence. They both thought as they ate their food.

"Jennie! Hey, sorry it took me longer than I thought, there was an ACTUAL LINE at the music shop.... yeah!" Chanyeol came into the club once again.

"Oh, no! No problem, Chan, we're still on time!" Jennie said with a full mouth again. Then she stood up and waved to him while saying:

"Come over here, I want you to meet someone!" Lisa was blushing slightly. She's introducing me to her friends?! This is really something else!

"I want you to meet Lisa! Lisa Manoban!" Jennie said happily.

"Oh! Manoban? I don't think I've ever heard of that last name." Chanyeol said with a smile while offering to shake his hand towards Lisa.

Lisa stood up as well and shook his hand with the biggest smile she could come up with. She was shaking again. Another star from Korea just met her.

"I'm Lisa." she said happily.

"I'm Chan!" Chanyeol replied with an even bigger smile than before.

"You haven't heard of it because she's not from around her!" Jennie added with a smile.

Chanyeol was quick to pick up.

"Oh! Oh...! Is she... No! No way! Is she the fan that was supposed to come all the way from Thailand?" Chanyeol's face lit up from the excitement.

"Yes she is!"

"Yes I am!" both Jennie and Lisa said those words emphasizing the pronouns.

"Oh wow! That's so cool! You were the talk of the day today after Jennie's radio show. She couldn't stop talking about how someone from "all the way from Thailand" is coming to see her show."

"Oh wow... I... I don't know what to say." Lisa spoke, nervously giggling and looking towards Jennie.

"Well it's true, I really appreciate my fans, no matter where they come from. But this was something different!" Jennie replied happily.

"Also, I just wanted to say that I really like Exo's music as well, and I'm really happy you're going to perform "Love Me Right" tonight." Lisa added.

"Oh! It's an honor to meet another fan, once again!" Chanyeol couldn't stop smiling.

"Hey! Jennie, Chan! If everyone's here, we should get back to the rehearsals and mic checks!" A voice was heard from the stage. Jennie and Chanyeol laughed because they knew how management could really insist on doing everything right away.

"Coming!" They both replied happily. Chanyeol then went to the stage, while Jennie turned her body towards Lisa.

"I have to go now. You sure you're going to be okay, alone here?" she said with a caring tone in her voice.

"Oh yes! Don't worry! This day is so great and overwhelming, I think I need to be alone a bit to collect my thoughts!" Lisa nervously giggled. I need to be alone. Really?

"Oh Lisa, you!" Jennie smiled. From her face, Lisa concluded that Jennie took Lisa's words about being alone as a compliment and she didn't worry anymore.

"Anyway, I have to go now! See you later Lisa!" Jennie said with a triumphant smile, like she was ready to rock the stage right at the rehearsals.

"See you!" Lisa sighed, feeling relief.

This actually went well. Now I just have to wait for the concert. I have some food, I can order a drink. Yeah, I think I'll be fine.

Jennie's rehearsal continued, and she wanted to get everything right. She also wanted for the other people on the stage to sound right, so she would get up every five minutes to check and see if everyone sounded good. She was pleased.

After about half an hour she came off the stage and walked towards Lisa, smiling from ear to ear.

"That was... I don't even know where to begin, you're such a professional!" Lisa complimented her.

"Thank you!" Jennie replied gratefully. "Lisa... We still have a couple of errands to do, behind the stage things and everything, so I will be leaving you for now until the concert starts." She said in a sad tone.

"Oh!" Lisa was surprised that Jennie said that in such a sad manner. "No, you don't have to worry about me, Jen-Jen! I will be happy here, waiting for the event." It then dawned on Lisa that she actually just gave Jennie a pet name. She felt blood rushing through her cheeks.

"Jen-Jen?" Jennie was surprised, but kept a smile on her face.

"Oh! I'm SO sorry. It just slipped, I-"

"What are you apologizing for? It's just a nickname hahaha. I'm just surprised since moments before I was "Jennie Kim", and now I'm Jen-Jen." Jennie laughed hard. "You're so funny Lisa."

"Hehe" Lisa chuckled nervously.

"Well okay then.... Lis-Lis" Jennie paused before she said the nickname, and when she said it, she giggled. Lisa couldn't believe what just happened but she giggled along. Jennie then continued: "See you later!"

"See you!" Lisa ended on a smiling note.

LIS-LIS! SERIOUSLY? HOW ADORABLE CAN SHE BE?