Chapter 33 - "In another life..."

Okay, the exams are going well so far, but the agency hasn't called me in a while. I have some money for the trip to Korea for Chaeyoung's birthday, but definitely not enough. Lisa mused as she was studying yet for another exam.

The end of January was nearing and Lisa has done everything according to plan - she studied hard for everything she had and passed the exams that were given to her so far. The only thing that really needed to happen was the money.

I mean, I guess if the agency comes up with something REALLY high-paying. Like a sports event or anything... Yeah, it would be a great coincidence, but come on... Weirder things have happened before. Yeah... Things just happen, you get what you get. And I hope I get something now.

It was the morning of the 23rd when the agency called Lisa.

"Hey Lisa, how have you been?"

"Oh great, thank you for asking!" Lisa responded cheerfully, hoping there was something she could work on.

"Well, we're always glad to hear that. Anyway, we have received important information regarding one of those concerts you were supposed to be doing in March-"

"Oh please don't tell me that I can't do them." Lisa interrupted, scared.

"Oh, no, no! It's definitely still on! You've done such a great job for that wedding that we definitely still want you to do Jennie's concert. We just wanted to call to prepare you, because we have the official date when the concert will be held."

"Oh, great, please tell me!"

"Well, the details will be sent to your mail so you have them written down just in case, but the date of the concert will be the 27th of March. We'll be flying you there a couple of days earlier so you can get prepared for everything. We know this might interfere with your schedule, but we hope that you can manage to find a couple of days off from college to do this."

"Oh, it actually won't be a problem. I have a free semester after February because the only thing left to do to get my degree is to write my Master's Thesis, so..."

"Oh... Great news then! When you've built up your repertoire even more, we will definitely be including you in heavier projects as well."

"Thank you so much, I love doing this job and you have been really great to me." Lisa thanked.

"And you have been great with your work as well. Anyway, we have another assignment for you."

"Oh... This is unexpected." Lisa was surprised. Could it be...? Am I getting what I'm getting? Is this my ticket to Korea? Better not jinx it!

"Yes. The money this time is great actually, but the timing isn't."

"What do you mean?" Lisa was confused.

"Well... One of our photographers got sick. Last minute thing, some kind of stomach infection. The photographer is okay, but he's unable to fly."

"Fly?"

"We would have to fly you to Udon Thani. There is a music festival being held there, and you, if you take this offer, literally have to be there tomorrow by 6pm."

"Count me in!" Lisa was excited. She didn't even think about the exams or anything else. She just wanted the money so she could surprise Chaeyoung for her birthday.

"Oh, great! Again, we'll be sending you the information to your e-mail, but yeah... Pack your clothes because you are going to be there for three days."

"Thank you so much for calling me, you've given me such great news!"

"No problem Lisa, haha, we hope you have a great day."