Chapter 57 - Two Detectives Sharing a Drink

Am I a bad person? I mean, technically, if I had gotten mad at Dowoon, then I would be a bad person. Because, technically, it would be hypocritical of me to get mad at him.... Mainly because if I'm not sure what I want from him yet, why would I get mad at him for... the things he's done... Especially... ESPECIALLY if I myself am not sure about another person as well... Yeah.... This was the best way to handle things... But why do I still feel bad?

Jennie had a hard time, struggling with her thoughts as the cab was driving her home. She felt blue all of a sudden, even though she argued with herself that she had done the right thing.

Ugh! This thinking is going to destroy me... If only Nayeon were available, she knows a lot about this situation, she could talk to me about it... But then again, this is not the only thing bugging me. So... Who do I talk to? Who knows more and understands more? I give up. For now.

Jennie then thought about the relationship she had before she started to hang out with Dowoon. She thought about it because she wasn't really sure what the root of her problems actually was.

Wow... Yeah... That was a year ago, and it still obviously messes me up from time to time. My confidence. The way I see people. The way I see people who want to be with me. The way I still fear that people want to control every single detail of my life... Oh how I need that drink now!

Jennie thanked and paid her cab driver as she got out of the cab. She went to her apartment, still feeling blue. I mean, alcohol is definitely not the solution. And I won't drink too much. But I need something to unwind. Just for a little while. She mused.

She got to her apartment, thinking about what she had in her fridge to drink. If she had anything to drink. It's been a while, definitely. But I think there was a bottle of whiskey that I haven't opened yet. I think it's been there since my birthday. And she was right.

She poured herself a little while she was watching some TV, while also browsing through her phone.

I guess I could take a photo of me relaxing and post it online... Yeah, why not?

She did. With the caption: Hope you're having a great evening, JennieKim-fighters!

She then mused: Okay, and now for some cartoons! I hope something funny is on! Oh, look, I didn't even notice, a Toy Story marathon! Yes! I have to get away with my mind for a while.

Lisa got home after her dance lesson, still thinking about the conversation she just had with Jisoo. It's okay. Remember. You get this out of the way now and you never have to talk to her again if you don't feel like it. Just be strong Lisa, you can do this...

Lisa then went to the fridge to eat something. Huh... I guess I could make a light dinner with a glass of wine while I read something... Yeah, reading something, I haven't had time to do that in a while...

Lisa then prepared a light meal for herself, poured herself a glass of wine and browsed through her book collection to see what she could read. Huh... I guess I'm out of ideas. Hmm... This book will do then...

She picked up a book, sat down and started to eat while she was reading. After a while, Lisa was done eating, so she washed her plate and went to her bedroom to continue to read before going to sleep. She also took her glass of wine to finish it as well. Soon, the first glass turned into the second glass. I mean, this book is really good, it would be a shame to put it down now... And what's the harm in a little drinking before sleeping? She thought to herself.

As she was reading her book, she stumbled across a phrase she hadn't heard before so she decided to look it up on her phone. Might as well check social media now that I'm on my phone. Oh, and another glass would be fine too!