Chapter 14 - Lisa's Emotional Roller Coaster

Lisa was walking around the busy center of Seoul, smiling from what just happened. She didn't know where exactly to go next, she just wanted to walk around and enjoy Seoul in its beauty. Some time had passed and she decided to call Jisoo again:

"Hey! I'm sorry about earlier, I was still sleeping." Jisoo said neutrally.

"Hey baby! No problem! I just wanted to tell you that I love you and I miss you, and I can't wait to tell you everything that has happened so far!"

"I see you've been a busy girl. A lot of my friends asked me about the photograph of you and Jennie." Jisoo asked with suspicion in her voice.

"Yes! Oh my! That was so great! I can't wait to tell you the story behind that one!"

"Yeah, yeah." Jisoo rushed: "But should I be worried?" Jisoo was suspicious again.

"What do you mean?" Lisa literally had no idea what Jisoo was talking about, she was very confused.

"Don't play dumb Lisa."

"I'm not playing dumb, I'm seriously asking." Lisa wasn't playing dumb. But just as she said those last words, a light bulb appeared over her head. She asked:

"You don't think...? That...?"

"Yes Lisa, is everything okay? Should I be worried about Jennie?"

Lisa nearly burst into tears from laughing. But she regained control once she heard the deafening silence from the other side.

"Babe! She's a celebrity! I'm a fan! Yes, I like her, but not in that way!"

"You said she was your girlcrush... And this photograph, I mean, you two are standing close next to each other." Jisoo was getting mad.

"I promise you, I have no feelings for her that way."

"Again, you said girlcrush."

"Yeah!... But like, you know... She's pretty and talented and she-"

"Oh, so I'm not pretty and talented?" Jisoo was getting madder by the second. Lisa knew that Jisoo was levelheaded most of the time and she really didn't give Lisa any problems when it came to other people, but apparently, Jennie was a sore spot. Every other person Lisa would hang out with was fine with Jisoo, but Jennie... Apparently, this was something else.

Lisa was on the verge of tears because she didn't want to fight, she just wanted to have a nice time in Korea. She spoke softly and like she was about to cry:

"I'm sorry." There was silence. She continued:

"I love you, I miss you and I only want to be with you."

"Ok." Jisoo grumbled, her anger slowly fading away, but still audible. Lisa changed the subject:

"So, how was my baby's night? I want to hear all about it!" Lisa tried to stay cheerful and full of love towards Jisoo.

"Yeah, not much to tell, we went out, we partied hard, I came home this morning, I think it was like 7 in the morning or something." Jisoo spoke in a neutral tone again. Then she added:

"But yeah, nothing to tell really."

"Did anything new happen? I mean, any other news?" Lisa tried to make the conversation longer. She wanted to make them both feel happy again during this conversation.

"No... No... It's all the same." Jisoo replied quickly and disinterested.

"Oh... Okay babe... Just wanted to say "hi", I... I will talk to you later?"