Chapter 51 - Influence

Lisa was given more events from the agency where she could take photographs and it wasn't long before she had a steady schedule where she would go out and take photographs every other day. I really cannot express how much I love what I'm doing.

Photography has been my dream for so long! She would muse at most events. But I would really like to come up with something for my Master's thesis... And Chaeyoung's suggestion wasn't even bad, what if I could somehow incorporate Jennie Kim or her music into the whole thing? I mean, it would be heartbreaking if I had to write the whole thing and then find out that she's dating someone but... I've been through a lot of things involving me being in love that made me heartbroken and I've survived so.... Yeah, no bad thoughts, I can do this!

It was a Sunday evening and Lisa got home from her work exhausted. I can't go to sleep just yet, I have to send the photos to the agency. After she tiredly managed to do so, she went to brush her teeth. I guess I could watch just another video of Jennie before I go to sleep... I mean, it won't hurt... Plus, her voice is so soothing. Oh wow... I really am "whipped" as the kids say. Lisa mused before turning on some of Jennie's videos while she was lying in bed.

After a while she stumbled upon an older interview of Jennie. Oh, this is from the very beginning of her career, oh let me hear this, I haven't heard it in a long time! She then turned on the video and the interviewer asked Jennie:

"So, what do you think would be the best word to describe what you want to achieve with your music career?"

"Oh wow! That's a great question, thank you for that!" Jennie had a huge grin on her face and it looked like, at least to Lisa, that she really enjoyed being asked that question. Jennie continued to speak:

"I guess the word that would best describe what I want to achieve is "influence"."

"Mhm, wow, that sounds great. Could you elaborate a little more though?" The interviewer smiled as well.

"Well, I want to make great music. I want to make something that will have an impact and last. I want to be able to make a difference in the music industry, but I also want to be able to help my fans. I want to give inspiring messages and I want to be an inspiration so that they can keep their heads high. When things get bad, they will get bad, but I want to be a safe haven for my fans so that they know they can always come back to my music. I want my music to be able to inspire people and to influence them in a positive way, and to help them when they are facing struggles in their life. So that's why I chose "influence"."

Oh my... I can't believe I forgot about this video... She's so well-spoken! I mean, she always has been, but wow.... I really can't believe I forgot about this. This should be my motto... This should... Hey... This could be... Lisa's wheels started to turn in her head.

This could be my Master's thesis... Oh yes! Yes! Something like - "The inspiration and influence of K-pop artists through media; a particular analysis of Jennie Kim" - that could actually be the title, oh I have to write this down! Now! Where's my pen?

Lisa was suddenly wide awake, scrambling through her room to find a piece of paper and a pen so she could write down the name that she just came up with.

I can't put this on my phone, I'll forget it. I mean... I will take a photo of the paper when I write it down, but I need to have it written down. Aha, there you are!

She found a piece of paper and wrote down the entire name on it and then took a photo of the paper.

Well, Jennie, I don't know if this is what you had in mind, but yeah... you are influencing people! You are giving me a reason to stay awake and to think about what's bothering me, but also, at the same time, you're offering me a solution. And if that's not what you meant when you said all those things, then I don't know what else you could have meant. Lisa smiled as she thought all that to herself.