It was then that their story had begun.

Harry stood next to a long, black limousine, a genuine smile on his face and his hands clasped in front of his body. He wore a light purple button up shirt, matched with a black tie. Stretched over his long legs, hiding the tan, muscly flesh, was a pair of black skinny jeans. He had said fuck it, and decided to wear something nice, but not formal. It was only Louis, anyway. The boy preferred seeing him in clothes other than his suits.

His long hair was pulled up into a bun that set on top of his head, a few flyaways escaping but nothing compared to what they used to be. "Are you ready, love?" Harry asked the boy standing at the top of the stairs, a baby on each hip and his eyes wide with anxiety. "They'll be fine. As soon as we get to the restaurant, you can call them, yeah? Now, come on," he'd been trying to persuade Louis to leave for ten minutes now. His mum, Anne, had even suggested they set a baby monitor up in the frontroom so Louis could take the screen with him and watch everything, but even then, with the screen tucked in his hand bag, he was still unsure about leaving them.

Louis looked at Harry nervously. He stood in a loose fitting dress, wanting to look nice but not too formal. He couldn't find the perfect shirt to go with his nice jeans so he decided on a dress, even though he wasn't the most comfortable in them. He looked at his girls and shook his head. "Not yet." He said and kissed both their heads. "I can't leave them. They want me to stay." Louis said and cuddled them close.

Harry left the door open and jogged up the stairs, taking two at a time. "They want you to have fun. Look, Penelope wants Anne," he said, watching as the chunky little girl reached her arms out to her grandma. "It's going to be hard at first, but I promise it will be easier when you're gone," Harry whispered down to him, gently prying Kayzlie from his arms but not daring to touch Penelope yet.

Louis clung to Penelope, kissing her head. "But she always wants her mummy. What if she misses me and cries for me? She'll think I'm abandoning her." Louis said and rubbed the top of her little fuzzy head, where she had some hair. "She's my baby girl.. I can't leave her. Same with Kayzlie. Give her back." Louis whined.

"You're being ridiculous, Louis. She won't think you're abandoning her just because you're going for two hours," Harry said, rolling his eyes and huffing in annoyment. They had taken him to the doctor today to see what was wrong with him, and after discovering he didn't in fact have postpartum, but severe anxiety, Harry thought his worry about the girls would be somewhat easier to ignore now that he knew it was simply because of medical reasons. But this was proving that Louis just didn't care, or his anxiety was a lot worse than anyone thought.

Louis bit his lip and looked down at Penelope. He kissed her head, leaned over to kiss Kayzlie's head, then looked at Harry. "Take them before I change my mind." Louis said as Penelope was taken from him. He just needed that moment where he didn't feel anxious for a split second in order to make the decision. "Bye Anne, thank you." Louis said quickly and went down the stairs and out to the car before he could change his mind.

Harry kissed each girl on the head, including his mother, then pulled her into a half hug. "You keep them safe," he growled down at her, then he was pulling back and following after Louis. He trusted his mother, he really did, but leaving someone aside from Louis alone with the girls also sort of set him on edge, though he was good at hiding it. "Breath, baby, they'll be fine," Harry whispered to the boy that was on the verge of tears. He set in the seat beside him and closed the door, his worry melting away when he seen his mother was already inside with the girls. They would be fine.

Louis sighed heavily and nodded. "I know. I'm trying. It's just hard. Wanna be around them all the time." He said and took a few deep breaths, feeling himself get a little calmer. "We're going to have a good time together and everything will be fine." Louis said and looked over at Harry. "Can you play with my hair while you drive? It really calms me when you run your fingers through my hair and on my scalp." Louis said, looking up at the man with his big blue eyes.