Chapter 12: The Plane

Daisy and I sit in silence, it's not an awkward silence though. That's whats so great about our friendship we don't have to be in constant communication to have a good time. Gosh it sounds like I'm dating her.

"Flight 250 to Canada, now boarding" a woman's voice says over a loud speaker, I stand up and make my way to the line forming by the gate. Daisy stands next to me chewing her gum loudly. I hear a bunch of muffled yelling coming our way and see both bands speed walking to the end of the line.

Michael catches my eye and waves, I give him a little wave and face forward. All I want to do is sleep. The line is slowly moving I can see the opening of the tunnel. I'm becoming impatient with this damn line. I've checked the clock on the wall at least 20 times.

After a few minutes of waiting we finally made it onto the plane. Searching for my seat will be a bitch. I dig out my ticket from my pocket to double check the seat number. I start searching for 17B. My eyes quickly scan over each seat.

"Right there, 17B." Daisy says pointing ahead of me.

An elderly lady in front of me is struggling to put her bag in the overhead bin.

"Here let me help you." I say when she notices she is holding up the line.

"Thank you dear that would be lovely." She hands me her bag.

I sling my backpack over my shoulder and slide her bag in the space above us. I close the door and smile at her.

"Thanks again sweetie." She beams up at me giving my hand a light squeeze.

"You're welcome, it was no trouble." I can feel myself blushing.

I make sure she is sitting before I continue down the aisle.

Our seats are a couple rows down.

"That's my seat!" Daisy says as I sit in the window seat.

"No I call dibs." I untangle my headphones and put them in.

"Come on I want the window seat." Daisy says looking down at me with a frown.

"Sorry I can't hear you." I point to my ears and shrug.

She reluctantly takes a seat with a loud sigh. Before I can tell her anything she twists her body away from me crossing her legs and arms.

Fine two can play at this "silent treatment game" or whatever is happening. I turn my music loud not caring about anyone else. Matt Healy's orgasmic voice fills my ears. I stay like this for a while till the plane begins to rumble underneath us.

I've never been afraid of flying I admit I do get nervous, but who doesn't. A lot of things could go wrong and you could plummet down to your death in a big fiery metal cage.

But hey I'm not scared.

I close my eyes and grip the armrest. Takeoff wasn't as bad as I thought, I return to my music. Daisy is fast asleep next to me at least I think she is. A loose piece of her hair seems to be calling me so I tug at it softly, when she doesn't react I pull a little harder. She just shakes her head a bit still sleeping.

It's barely been 2 hours only 3 more to go. I stretch my legs and accidentally hit the the seat in front of me. I look through the crack between the window and seat.

"Sorry." I whisper getting close to the crevice trying to see who it is.

"You better be." Someone says, then starts to giggle.

Fucking Ashton.

"You had me thinking you were a stranger." I sit back in my seat rubbing my temples.