Chapter 14: The Date

Harry's POV

"Where did you go last night?" I overhear Michael ask Natalie as I sit down with the rest of the group to eat breakfast.

The hotel we are staying at has a restaurant next to the lobby. Some fancy shit.

"Yea we missed you when we won." Ashton says as he buttered his toast.

"Just went to get some air." Natalie doesn't add more to her answer. Michael and Ashton don't look convinced, but drop it anyway.

I give Natalie a little wink; she tries to hide her smile behind her cup. I can't believe I worked up the balls to tell her I liked her. She was right I haven't found that special someone who I can let in. Maybe Natalie can be that person for me.

I stare at her from across the table and just watch her as she eats a cream cheese bagel. She doesn't even have makeup on and she looks so pretty.

She suddenly looks my way and catches my eye; I quickly look at my cup of coffee sitting in between my hands. She lets out a loud laugh which makes me chuckle.

Damn she makes me feel so giddy. I couldn't stop smiling, I wanted climb over this table and kiss her.

Paul walked in and took a seat which pulls me out of my daydream. But reminded me about something I had to ask him.

"Hey Paul, do we have time to do stuff before the show? Like you don't need us right away." I asked adding sugar to my coffee which tasted really bitter.

"Not that I know of, you guys have a solid 7 hours or so before you need to be at the venue." He says loading his plate with eggs and bacon.

Last night I promised Natalie we would go on date, now is my chance to officially ask her. But what if she just felt bad for me last night and doesn't actually like me.

All these negative thoughts keep filling my head.

"Natalie!" I shout, surprising everyone at the table including myself.

She was slowly standing up getting ready to leave the restaurant with daisy.

"Umm can I ask you something?" I say getting up to get closer to her.

Everyone at the table is silent, all eyes on me and Natalie. They probably think I'm going to yell at her and make her cry. I look at their expressions some are anger some are confused.

"I was wondering if you wanted to- um go sightseeing with me today?" I run my hand through my hair nervously waiting for her to speak.

"Like a date?" She asks raising her left eyebrow slightly.

"Yea like a date." I breathe out in relief, thanking the lord she didn't reject me right on the spot.

It seemed like everyone in the room was holding their breath waiting for her reply. I'm pretty sure I was turning blue in the face.

"I thought you would never ask." Her smile widens deepening her dimples.

"Really? I mean are you sure, like 100%." I ask heart racing.

"Yes, did you really think I would say no?" She giggles taking a step closer to me.

"I thought maybe you'd change your mind." I mumble looking around the room.

"No, are you having second thoughts" she asked with a furrowed brow and a slight pout upon her lips.

"Not at all." I say confidently. I reach out and take her hand in mine interlocking our fingers.

Someone coughs behind us making us jump. We turn to see Ashton choking on his orange juice. Calum starts patting him on the back but Ashton waves him off reassuring Calum that he's okay.