Chapter 4: The meeting

I have an hour before my alarm goes off.

I tossed and turned all night, now that I'm awake I can't fall back asleep.

I've waited all week for Friday, and now that it's here I want nothing more than to crawl under a rock.

I force myself to stop overthinking about everything that can possibly go wrong, so I can get some sleep.

*****

I walk into what seems to be a gigantic igloo. I walk around and check all the rooms, I didn't even know igloos had multiple rooms. I'm walking down one of the halls when something catches my attention out of the corner of my eye. It's a penguin. "Hi." He says with an accent I can't place at the moment. "Hello, what's your name?" I ask. "My name is Lu-" he starts to say, but doesn't get to finish.

"Natalie, wake up!"

I feel someone tapping my shoulder. My eyes fly open.

That was one weird ass dream.

"Australian!!!" I yell.

Daisy looks at me like I'm a crazy person. "Australian what?" She asks.

"The penguins accent. It was Australian." I say sleepily.

"Okay.....you should get ready now if you're done being a weirdo." She says pulling my covers off.

"Alright mom!" I say sliding out of bed.

Great now I'm going to be late cause my stupid alarm didn't go off. Thank goodness Daisy woke up when she did.

I walk over to my closet, I pull out a Rolling Stones t-shirt and black skinny jeans. I throw it on quickly.

I hear Daisy using the sink in the bathroom.

I run to the front door looking for my shoes. Of course they aren't there, it's not like I'm running late or anything.

"DAISY!! WHERE ARE MY BLACK CONVERSE!" I yell from the living room.

"They might be by the couch." She says sneaking up on me.

I head to the couch and find my shoes.

"Thanks." I say as I slip them on.

She just nods her head.

"Are you excited for your date?" I say wiggling my eyebrows at her.

"Yes. I'm probably going to have Becca drop me off here after work so I can change." She says.

"Good idea. Cause I'll still be in my meeting" as the words leave my mouth the butterflies in my stomach go crazy.

*****

I pull into the parking lot to drop of Daisy.

"Good luck, they'll love you." She says.

She gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek before leaving.

Before I pull out of my space, I roll down the window and shout at her, "Have fun with the model!" I say with a wink.

As I drive away I see her shoulders shaking from laughter.

I'm looking for a song to play when I feel my phone vibrate. I check the screen.

"New email"

"Finally." I mutter.

I've been waiting for my supervisor Mr. Richmond to send me the address for this meeting.

He just loves keeping me on my toes doesn't he.

I type the address into my phones gps. I'm about an hour away.