Chapter 3: Endless week

This week better go by fast.

The only thing keeping me sane is that on Friday I get to finally meet with the manager of the "mystery" band.

The other thing is Daisy's updates on her model.

Tuesday was the least boring, she had a good story.

"So get this." She began, "the models name is Tristan, we talked a little when I was doing his hair. After class he was talking to Becca she was hanging onto him like you hang onto the last slice of pizza!"

"Hey! No one and I mean NO one messes with me when it comes to the last piece of pizza." I say pointing a finger at her.

"It doesn't look like he minds the attention from her." She scoffs.

"Don't let your sister get to you. Any guy would be lucky to have Daisy Robles for a girlfriend" I reassure her.

I mean every word. She's too hard on herself.

Her sister has always been the "Golden child." She got all the guys, was super popular and was head cheerleader.

Typical mean girl.

So that was Tuesday.

3 days to go.

*****

Wednesday goes by kinda slow. Daisy is still mad at Becca, for being a slut.

She doesn't really talk on the way home. We're in the middle of eating dinner when she finally speaks.

"Today Becca totally vagina blocked me." She says while she plays with her food.

Her choice of words makes me snort, and I happen to be drinking water so I start choking.

Once I was done almost dying I gasp for air and ask, "how?"

"After the class was done, Tristan came up to me and was talking about how he just moved here a couple weeks ago. And out of nowhere Becca comes and was like," Daisy pauses so she can prepare her fake Becca voice.

"oh Tristan you need to come and check out my painting. It's coming out so good" she says in an annoying nasally voice.

"I was left standing there like an idiot." She finishes looking defeated.

This is why I'm glad I don't have any boy drama.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

I mean I did date a little in high school, but nothing too serious. My grades came first and they knew that.

"He'd be stupid to go for her and not you." I say

"He must be very stupid." She responds after taking a drink of water.

2 days and counting.

****

That brings us to Thursday. I'm getting so anxious for Friday.

What if the manager wants a different photographer.

I would be so crushed.

At least Daisy's week has taken a turn for the better

I get a text from Daisy as I'm walking to the car.

"I'm going to catch a ride with Becca. I HAVE BIG NEWS!" It said.

I'm glad she has something to be excited about. I don't want everything to be about me.

I'm really exhausted by the time I get home. I take a nice hot shower, and change into my fuzzy pj's.

I watch tv in the living room, until Daisy comes home.

I feel my eye lids getting heavy. As I'm about to drift off to sleep, I hear a key turning in the lock.

I'm up in a heart beat.

"TELL ME! TELL ME!" I yell at her.

"Why hello to you too." She says sarcastically.

"Don't hello me you whore! How dare you send me that text and expect me to be calm! I've been waiting for almost an hour."

I say as I grab her shoulders and bring my face inches from hers

"I NEED TO KNOW!"

She detaches my hands from her shoulders.

"You're going to have to sit the fuck down for this cause you are going to lose your shit." She says

"Tristan asked me out!" She says with a squeal.

My jaw falls open. "I need details!" I say.

I'm thankful for this distraction. I hate being alone with my thoughts about my meeting on Friday.

The same thought seems to creep it's way into my mind.

What if I'm not good enough.

People usually look at me and say I'm too young and inexperienced. They don't even give me a chance to show them my potential.

The ones who do are very impressed.

Enough of my self pity party.

"Okay, so I was talking to him and he asked if I wanted to go out. And I asked him about Becca and he said she was annoying and that he didn't even like her. I told him she was my sister and he said how sorry he was for me. We had a good laugh. So I told him I'll go out with him." When she's finished she's out of breath.

When she catches her breath she continues, "the date is tomorrow night."

"Yes! Now we can be nervous together." I tell her.

"Yay" she says, "I think I'm going to puke" she starts hyperventilating.

"Now you know how I've felt all week!" I say biting my bottom lip.

"That bad?" She asks once she's done.

"Worse. But I'm going to suck it up, cause I'm awesome." I say.

Maybe saying it out loud will help me calm down.

"You are awesome." She replies.

She hugs me and hurries to the room.

"Wait, you aren't eating?" I shout.

"No, too nervous!" She yells from the room.

"you and me both." I mumble.

1 day left