Chapter 7: The fight

I avoid the glares while I sit in the chair between Michael and Ashton. Daisy takes a hesitant seat on the other side of Michael.

You could cut the tension with a knife in here. Ashton gives me a sideways glance, he knows how the other guys are treating me.

The sympathetic look he gives me makes my heart swell. I feel like I've known these boys my whole life when in reality I've known them less than a day.

I break the eye contact I had with Ashton and clear my throat, "Guys this is Daisy. She's going to be filling in for Lou." I say.

"Hi I'm Calum." Calum says from Daisy's right side.

"Um I know who you are." She takes a shaky breath, "I know who all of you are, I love you guys so much you're so hot!" She finishes fanning herself with her hands.

I face palm myself. She just fangirled in front of them.

Never go full fangirl.

So much for being calm and collected around them.

They just sit there quietly.

"That's good, now we don't have to introduce ourselves." Michael says taking a drink of his water.

That could have been really awkward.

"Is this how you guys spend your afternoon?" I reach into a Doritos bag that is placed in the middle of the table for a handful of chips.

"Yea, or play some video games." Luke says completely focused on a game he is playing on his phone. I think it's candy crush.

"Sometimes we play football or have prank wars with the One Direction boys." Calum says with a mouthful of chips.

My body tenses at the mention of the name.

"But who knows if they'll want to hang out with us, seeing as they hate your guts." Michael says leaning back in his chair.

"MICHAEL!" Ashton whispers through gritted teeth.

Ashton's arm is suddenly flying in front of me. To avoid getting hit I scoot back really fast. I almost fall out of my chair.

Michael doesn't see the hit coming. Ashton's hand hits Michael's head with a loud smack, the sound echoes throughout the whole room.

He stops leaning in his chair sitting up straight.

"WHAT THE HELL ASH!!" Michael yells loudly rubbing the back of his head.

If people weren't already staring from the loud slap they definitely are now.

"Don't say shit like that! You're being an ass." Ashton tells him leaning over me to get closer.

I try to see over Ashton's head and I happen to catch Liam's eye. He sends me a worried look but when he sees I'm not in any danger he gives me a little smile.

Did I just see that.

A whole minute passes with us just sitting in an awkward silence.

"Um so do you want to go play some video games or something?"

Luke asks me looking up from his phone, his eyes shifting from Ashton to Michael.

"Sure, sounds like fun." I say looking at Ashton, he doesn't look mad anymore.

We all agree to go play, as we are all standing up to leave Lou walks over to our table.

"Hey Natalie." She gives me a hug, "is this your friend?" She says pulling away from our hug.