Chapter 6 - The Aftermath

Theos POV:

I stood in the bathroom alone as the guy who had recently walked in entered a stall and locked it. I soon after left the bathroom and laid my whole body against the wall, my hands grabbing clumps of my hair in frustration. Why did I do that to him? Now he thinks im a fuckboy trying to get into his pants or something. The whole time I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss we shared. It was weird but a the same time it felt right.

My lips tingled at the thought of it. It was bittersweet. He's starting to grow on me now. At first I paid no attention to him but now that he's around me all the time I can't stop thinking about him. It's been like this ever since my ¨Friends¨ had him become our tutor pet. Whenever he's being hurt or I see he's in distress, I get a weird feeling in my gut. It's hard to describe it myself but it's like I need to protect him. I don't know how else I can put it into words that makes sense.

I hate the way they treat him. It makes me so mad and there's nothing i can do about it. I mean I can do something but I choose not to. Something is holding me back but I don't know how to describe it. Once I had collected all my thoughts I headed back up the stairs to where my ¨friends¨ were sitting.

¨Hey dude! Your missing the game come on!¨ Scott called me over. I sat with them and watched the game, looking back every so often at Liam, who was snuggled up with two girls and laughing with each other. He didn't look at me but I could tell he noticed my intense gaze on him. I turned around for the last time and watched the game. The one thing that kept pestering my mind was:

Am I going soft for Liam?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The game ended with us winning. I not once looked at the scoreboard as my mind was too occupied to even care what was going on around me. I only stopped thinking when Scott and the rest of the boys snapped me out of my daze.

¨Bro letś go man! I gotta be home before 10. Gotta wake up early for the wrestling match tomorrow.¨ Scott said smacking my shoulder playfully. I slowly got up and followed them, along with everyone else trying to leave the bleachers down the stairs to the parking lot. I searched for Liam but found no sign of him or the two girls he was with. They must have left earlier and I just didn't notice.

I hopped into my truck along with Scott and derek and some other boys and we drove off away from the parking lot. We got stuck in a long line of cars on our way out but quickly bypassed it when Scott suggested we take a different route to avoid the traffic. He led me down an empty street that winded down the hill so I had to go slow. One wrong move and my car could end up in the deep ditch that seemed to snake along side the road of twisted fate. As we drove down slowly, we noticed a shivering familiar looking boy in a dark blue hoodie walking down the wiggly street. I almost immediately recognized it being Liam so I had to screech my brakes a little in order to prevent myself from hitting him. He jumped up in shock by my brakes and turned to look at us.

¨Holy shit is that Liam? Didn't you say he talked back to you today while I was gone Derek?¨ Scott asked his little brother.

¨Yeah. He did.¨ Derek responded while gritting his teeth in anger.

¨Lets go teach that fucker a lesson.¨ Scott said getting out of the car along with everyone else. Oh shit this is not going to be good.

"Guys wait-" I call out to them also getting out. I run around the side of my car to see them already messing with him.

I tried to go help him and plead with Scott but Derek held me back.

"Get back in the car, now. Try anything and I'll make sure Scott does somethin about you too." Derek spoke to me, shoving me back.