Chapter 8 - The Prize

Liam's POV:

The heater had broke during the blizzard. After my shower I changed into my pj's and went under the covers to cry some more.

Yes, I get it I'm an emotional bitch. Deal with it.

The temperature in the room dropped slowly making me huddle under the covers more.

I rested into the fetal position, trying to contain what little warmth I contained.

My whole body shook as it got colder. The colder it got the more I cried. Now I was crying and cold.

What's next? Hungry?

I got up and looks over to my dresser to see Theos Letterman jacket on the dresser.

How did that get there?

I get out of bed and put it on and hop back bro bed. Surprisingly, it kept me warm a little.

I inhaled his scent and it made me cry even more. Why am I idolizing something I can never have or be with? Why do I put myself through so much pain?

My sobs stop when my door creak opens to reveal Theo poking his head through the door.

"Hey, are you asleep?" He asks.

"No." I say, trying to sound like I wasn't crying a second ago.

"Well it got really cold and the heater is broken so I thought that you would be cold..." He trailed off but stopped when his eyes finally adjusted to my dark room and saw my tear stained cheeks.

"What's wrong? Are you pain again?" He asks jumping into bed with me.

"No. I'm fine." I sniffle and then away from him.

"I know when your not fine Liam." He says to me. "Are you wearing my jacket?"

"Uhh, Yeah do you want it back?" I say about to take it off.

"No it's okay. Keep it on. Better on you than me." He smiles and I keep it on.

I settle myself into bed again and close my eyes.

"Goodnight." He says and gets up to leave my room.

I try to fall asleep while listening to him leave but then I hear him stop and walk back in.

I open my eyes and feel him slide back into bed with me and he slowly wraps himself around me and pulls me closer to him.

"What are you doing?" I whisper to him.

"It's cold. Go to sleep." He mumbles and I enjoy his presence.

I don't complain any more and fall asleep.

Theo's POV:

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy Liam being in my arms.

It was currently 3 a.m. and I couldn't fall asleep. My mind kept thinking about me and Liam's conversation and what happened in the hot tub.

I do like him and want to be with him but my friends would never approve. I mean a jock falling for the gay kid at school? I mean you never hear that anywhere.

I care about Liam, that's a fact. But I'm afraid of what will happen to me if people found out.

So now I'm taking the time to enjoy our time in private. I told him that it was cold so that's why I jumped into bed with him but you and I know that's bullshit.

I like— no wait, I love having him in my arms. That's better.

His soft snores and small jerks in his sleep made my heart swell in happiness.