A Heart That Beat's Slow and Fast At Once Unspoken Words.

Chapter 12: A Heart That Beat's Slow and Fast At Once, Unspoken Words.

A/N Just a quick one before i go to sleep, question: who in One Piece do you ship?

Asuka's POV

I walked into Chopper's office to see how Zoro was doing.

"Chopper san, how is he?" I ask Chopper who was looking at sticky liquid in a vile. "He is okay for now, I've worked him down to a fever so he will still experience hot flushes but that's a good sign at this point."

"Thank you Chopper, can I...?"

Chopper walked out and I sat in the seat beside Zoro.

He seemed to have a painful look on his face and a few sweat drops were sliding down his head.

I grabbed his hand and breathed in sharply.

"Why didn't you just stall Aokiji from attacking me like everyone else would? Why did you jump in front of him knowing you could've died...? Baka." I once again cried but this time it hurt more as I said these words.

I was about to leave and as I attempted to pull my hand from Zoro's I felt his tighten around mine.

I gasped as he spoke without opening his eyes. "It was knowing YOU would have died if I didn't do something, I didn't think about what happened to me, just you..." "Zoro... I know we all have each others backs in battle and we all embrace fighting for each other but..." I looked at his face that was now smiling even though you could tell he was in extreme pain.

"It worked though didn't it?" He still not opening his eyes "What do you mean and why are you smiling?" "I saved you, the fact you've come in here to check on me and that you're crying for me is enough to know you care, I know that you are not a cold person, you're warm and kind hearted." I felt his hand loosen and he added.

"Although the reason I'm smiling is because I love you."

"Zoro? What do you mean? Huh?" I tried to wake him but he's fallen asleep again.

He loves me?

I felt my heart beat irregular and he shock must show on me.

I walked out trembling and went up to the library.

I think I care for you too marimo.

~~

I thought about what he said for the whole day and I still don't know how to respond.

How can he love me?

I don't understand at all...

Love?

"Asuka my dove! The beautiful creature of the sea!" Sanji swooned as I walked into the kitchen and I rolled my eyes.

"Sanji san... What's going on out there?" "Luffy is upset because we haven't found an exciting island yet, the usual." "You would think that fighting buzz would've lasted longer." I tried to block out Nami's shouting as Sanji lit a cigarette.

"How's the green bakero?" He asked and I looked sideways. "He is better, he just has a fever... He was stuck in the ice for too long, I, I thought he wasn't alive...Sanji kun..." "Don't blame yourself Asuka, it was his choice and probably the best one he's ever made."

Sanji laughed to lighten the mood but I still held my sorrow.

"Listen, he did the honorable and chivalrous thing by jumping in front of you, I would save any lady in need but the first thing I'd do is kick the enemy out of they way... All Zoro thought about was saving you, that's interesting isn't it?" His curled eyebrow raised and a smirk formed on his face.

"Don't break his heart Asuka, I know you don't really want to hurt him and he isn't use to this kind of stuff so of course he stuffed up and few times but give him a chance." I took a cup of coffee and sat at the table.

"Why are you siding with him, just out of curiosity, you two seem to hate each others guts." Sanji's eyes widened and his face seemed strained. "Everyone deserves happiness, even Zoro." He said his name... I've never heard Sanji call Zoro by his first name.

He is being sincere.

"Don't worry, I don't want to hurt him."

I walked out of the kitchen sensing tension looming about Sanji.

What is wrong with him today?