Chapter 21 - Sixth Period: Before and After Time

(Y/N)'s POV

It's been a few days after the sports festival and since then, my time spent in leisure seems to be nonexistent. Not only has my older brother been annoying me, but preparing for the upcoming midterms is also quite time consuming. Though I make sure to study a little bit everyday as to not lose the upper hand to anyone, my packed schedule is getting in the way of that. Oh well, things such as study will be inconsequential after the school year ends.   

"All right, class! The second-term midterms are just two weeks away!" Koro Sensei hyped in an overly loud projecting voice. Creating dozens of clones prepared to tutor each student accordingly with his mach 20 speed, the educator seems to be an all too good mood, "The time has come at last to surpass the A class! Let's go into this red-hot! Hot! Hot!"

Although the air the octopus has made is quite full of life, an anxious underlining was still present. The reason being: only five months remain until the deadline. And what a dreaded time that will be. 

~~

It was the end of the day like usual, however the E class crowd could be seen not on the sidewalks walking home but the rooftops instead. In recent trainings, Mr. karasuma has taken the liberty of teaching the children parkour while I taught advanced physical combat. They seemed to have picked it up rather fast and has seen the advantages of it when traveling outside of school grounds despite being warned against it.  

As I was walking home using the exact same route as I always do, I decided that a warning would be unnecessary since children should spend days like these in leisure instead of deep thought. Hearing the music from my earpiece rise with a tap on my phone, I continued to face forward. Passing by an elderly man on his bike, I stepped aside as to not crash into him. In spite of this, I ended up crashing into another man. 

Hearing the man who oddly yet familiarly smelled of flowers make a surprised sound, I couldn't help but stiffen my posture when he firmly grasped my shoulders as to prevent any damage. Laughing rather awkwardly--or perhaps teasingly, he seemed to have noticed my reaction to the sudden contact. Letting go of me, I was able to turn around and bow apologetically for my carelessness. 

"I sincerely apologize for my rudeness, I honestly didn't notice you were there," I told him monotonously despite it being an apology." Laughing to loosen the mood, the man said in a casual tone, "It's okay, most people don't notice me so it's no big deal." 

Turning his torso to the side, the man seemed to be a florist with his array of flowers displayed on the side of his truck. "Though I don't have many of these and I'd rather save them for special occasions," holding out his hand, a small little flower called a snowdrop could be seen directed towards me, "Just for you, I'll make an exception." Looking at the flower refusingly, I told him, "You did not frighten me, I was simply surprised. In fact, I was the one who bumped into you, therefore I should be the one giving a gift."  Despite my words, the man continued to smile as he did the moment we made a eye contact. Realizing that he wouldn't back down, I reluctantly accepted his gift. After I did, I once again bowed in apology and in farewell and started to walk off when he suddenly called out to me, "Make sure to listen to your guardian, they do know best." 

Angling my head as to nod in his direction, I continued my way home as I thought back to our interaction. His piece of advice is understandable since children in this day and age tend to get into trouble however, being more forward with his meanings would be less time consuming. 

Hearing a small crash in an alley near myself, I could already see the florist advancing to inspect the problem. Making eye contact for a split second, I quickly turned the other way. Quickening my pace back home, I resisted the urge to look back.