Chapter 36

~GABRIEL'S POV CONT.~

We all looked up at the insane asylum and took a deep breath. I looked back to my three friends.

"You all ready?"

"Hell yeah we are." Natalie smirked. Derek and Tyson both nodded in agreement. My eyes scanned our surroundings and saw there was a guard standing in front of the back entrance door.

"What are we going to do?" Derek asked, noticing the guard as well. "We could start off by putting on the masks." Tyson suggested and grabbed the backpack from Natalie.

He passed us each a mask. "Why do you get to have the wolf mask?" Derek asked me after Tyson gave him the bear mask. "What does it matter?" I replied, putting the mask on.

"You wanna trade, Derek?" Tyson motioned towards him with the gorilla mask in hand. "No thanks. I rather be the bear than the gorilla." He answered and slipped on the bear mask.

"Woah, what do you have against gorillas?"Tyson narrowed his brows. Natalie face palmed with her cat mask on. "I'm surrounded by idiots."

We ran from my car to a nearby bush and hid behind it while we watched the guard for a couple of minutes.

"I don't wanna hide." Tyson complained. He was the tallest out of all of us and was tired of crouching down behind a bush. "Yeah, neither do I." Natalie added. "We have to be careful so we won't get caught." I urged at the two.

Derek dropped the bat, grabbed a couple of large stones near the bush and stood up. "Hate to say it, Swintek. But I'm bored too." He said through the girzzly bear mask and started walking straight towards the guard, stones still in his hand.

"No! Wait!" I called and stood up. He was going to ruin everything and get himself caught. "Go away, boy. No one is allowed inside." I heard a guard tell him.

Derek didn't say a word but instead powerfully threw a stone a couple of feet away at the guard's head. I immediately heard a cracking sound afterwards and the guard fell onto the ground, a pool of blood flowing out from his cracked skull.

Natalie, Tyson, and I watched wide eyed as Derek casually stepped over the dead guard. My best friend looked back over to us and motioned his hand, signaling for us to run over.

We quickly hauled over to him and Derek threw me a tazer. "That guard wasn't going to need this anymore." He laughed.

"Nah, you keep it. I don't need it." I looked at him through my stupid wolf mask. He shrugged and placed it in his pocket.

I opened the large door and poked my head in, scanning around the room. I saw nothing but cement and dim, yellow lighting. "Come on." I ordered and opened the door wider, letting my friends in and then making sure there was no one following from behind us.

We all stood silent and fully examined the place. There were two narrow hallways that led to who knows where.

What creeped me out though, was that it seemed as if the entire building was silent. For a second, I thought maybe we were in the wrong place. But I've seen this place in the news so many times for 'mysterious' murders and lab experiments that I knew we were at the correct spot.

Tch, mysterious my ass.

"Hey! What are you doing in here!" A guard screamed from the end of one hallway, stomping towards us.

Ah crap.

I looked at Natalie. "We have to split up! You and Tyson go down that hallway and look for Jacqueline! If you find her, call me."

She nodded, the backpack was still over her shoulder. She grabbed Tyson and pulled him with her. "Are you going to be alright?" She asked before they were going to run.