Chapter 31

Warning! There is some bad language towards the end of this chapter. It's not too bad but I'm just letting y'all know in advance. Thanks for reading!

~

I run faster up the steps. I needed to get to the baby before the creature.

"Isaac!" I yelled as I ran in Grace's room. I went to the bed and saw the baby was gone.

I was too late.

Suddenly, I heard the faint sound of crying again..

"Leave that baby alone!" I screamed, looking around the room for the monster.

Where was Isaac?

I ran down the hallway into Adam's room to see if the baby was in there.

No luck.

Quickly, I ran and continued to search the entire upstairs, there was no sigh of him though.

However, I could still hear the crying.

Running downstairs as fast as I could, I instantly checked the living room, kitchen, master bedroom.

Baby Isaac was still nowhere to be found.

But the crying didn't stop.

The only place I hadn't checked...was the laundry room.

Oh my God.

I rushed to the back of the house where the laundry room was located. The crying sound became louder and louder as I neared the door.

I tried to open the door, but it was locked.

I continued to turn the knob and push the door open. I failed though.

"Leave Isaac alone you evil thing!!!" I screamed as I continiously banged on the door.

I continued to hear the baby's cries and that's when I decided to break the door down.

I swung my leg around and with all my force, kicked open the door.

The door broke in half and fell down and I hurried in. I looked around the room and saw there was no doll to be found.

However, the washer and dryer were both turned on and running..

I frantically opened up the dryer. There was no Isaac.

Next, I swung open the washer and to my horror, was baby Isaac.

He was laying at the bottom of the metal washer, water was nearly covering his whole body.

Thankfully, the water hadn't reached up to fully cover his nose and mouth.

I grabbed the baby and pulled him to me, he was still crying hysterically.

I checked him and made sure the evil thing didn't harm him anywhere else.

To my surprise, there was no scratches or blood on the baby.

Just drenched baby clothing.

I calmed the baby down and led Amelia and Timothy towards the front door so we could get in my car and leave.

Just as I am about to open the door, my parents walk in.

"What's going on?" My dad asks. He is carrying Grace.

"D-dad, the Cantus dropped their kids off for me to babysit and then they were fine until the doll showed up and-" I say, out of breath.

"That's enough!" My mom harshly says.