Chapter 7

I woke up with a painful headache. I wasn't able to get much sleep from the traumatic scene I saw yesterday. Images of Ms. Laurel's scratched and damaged face falshed theough my mind. The way her eyes were bloodshot and the pieces of open flesh around them haunted me. "Jay, you awake?" Adam crept in my room, his head poking out the door. It made me jump in my bed.

"Geez Adam! You scared me." I looked at him as I rubbed the side of my head. My headache felt even worse now. "You are going to be late to school if you don't hurry up." He replied. I noticed he was already dressed in a button up plaid shirt and jeans. "What time is it?" I asked.

"7:42" He said as he checked his phone. "Ugh!" I groaned as I jumped out of bed and ran to my closet. I quickly picked out a lilac colored cardigan and a white tank top. I threw on some dark, skinny jeans and white wedges. "I'll just meet you at school." Adam called out as he left my room. I ran to the bathroom and brushed out my straight hair.

I then brushed my teeth and grabbed my makeup bag. I knew I wasn't going to have time to actually do my makeup since it took me ten minutes to drive from home to school. "Bye!" I yelled to my parents who were in the kitchen and headed for the garage with my keys.

I was speeding to school, usually I never go over the speed limit, but this was important. I'm the student council president, it would look really bad if I came into class late.

I parked next to Adam like usual and saw him get out of his hummer. "Woah, that was the fastest time you have ever gotten ready." He chuckled and threw his backpack over his shoulder.

I smiled and headed toward my locker with barely four minutes left till class started. "Hey, girl." Mckayla greeted. Her locker was located right next to mine. "Hey!" I replied. I grabbed my science book while I threw my English book on the ground to grab my other stuff.

"You ready for practice after school?" She smirked. "We can't go we have the student council meeting. Remember?" I sighed. "Yeah, but coach will kill us if we don't show up. Just reschedule the meeting again." She said as she examined her pink finger nails.

"No! I'll just have the meeting while were at practice." I threw my bag in my locker. "You mean have the meeting in the bleachers?" She raised an eyebrow. "Yeah how hard can it b-" I turned around to pick up my English book as I harshly bumped into a figure. I look up and see it's the boy from yesterday. "Oh, sorry." I apoligized and picked up my book. "By the way the meeting is going to be at the soccer field." I quickly informed him as he grabbed his pencil that fell.

"Watch where you're going next time." He harshly spat out and walked off. Mckayla and I stood there in shock. "What the hell is his problem!" I threw my books into the locker and slammed it shut out of anger. "Was that an accent I heard?" Mckayla watched the guy as he walked down the hallway.

"I don't know. Why?" I looked at my phone, there was only a minute left till the bell. "I could have sworn I heard a slight accent when he was talking to you." She continued as we hurried to science. "More like yelled." I sarcastically replied. "What kind of accent?" I added.

"I couldn't quite tell for sure, but it was like an English accent with a slight twang to it." She ran a hand through her hair. "Whatever, he's rude and he better not be rude to the other members at the meeting." I threw my stuff onto my desk.

"Hey so what happened yesterday?" She asked. I had forgotten to text her and Tiffany about last night. The horrid pictures came into my mind again. "Um...do you remember Laurel? The elderly lady that lived in front of my house across the street?" I nervously asked. "Yeah...What about her?"

I looked around the room to make sure no one was listening to us and then looked back at Mckayla. "Well she was murdered yesterday." I whispered. "Oh my gosh!" Mckayla covered her mouth in shock. "Do they know who killed her? That's horrible." She instantly added. "No." I sighed. "But Mckayla it was bad. Her body had cuts everywhere." I said. I didn't want to scar her mind to and give details about what I actually saw.

"What is going to happen then?" She asked. The thought made me nervous. I sighed. "I don't know, Mckayla. I don't know."