Chapter 22

I feel the goosebumps rise on my skin when I realize the noise is an old, wheezy, sounding laugh coming from under the table...

Its a deep, eerie type of laughter that made me not want to look under the table.

I knew it had to be that dreadful doll, I sat still on the chair, not sure of what to do or what it was going to do to me.
"L-leave me alone, please." I nervously pleaded.

And then the laughing stopped.

I didn't want to bother looking underneath at the creature. I slowly brought my legs up onto the chair.

The house remained silent and I kept myself on the dining room chair, afraid to make a run for the door. I glanced at my phone and decided to call my brother for help. My shaking hands were having a hard time unlocking my Iphone screen.

Finally, I went through my favorites and pressed on my brother's name, instantly calling him.

I brought the phone to my right ear as I heard the phone start to ring from the other end. "C'mon, pick up." I whispered.

Suddenly, I felt my chair flip over and fall back, causing me to instantly hit the back of my head on the hard, tile floor. I yelled in absolute pain and my vision began to blur. "P-please. Oh God, please stop." I said aloud as I tried to get back up.

I managed to sit up from the floor and my head started to throb with intense pain. I kept blinking my eyes to try to see clearer but of course, that wasn't working.

My hands felt around the floor for my phone. My vision impaired eyes started to tear up as I felt around and didn't find anything.

I was trapped.

I could feel the slow, steady, breathing directly hovering over my head now and I knew the wicked thing was standing over me. I could faintly see the large, dark, shadow standing from behind me. "Stop. Leave me alone, please." I cried out once more.

I heard the creepy laugh once again.

I began to feel light headed and that's when everything went black.

---
I fluttered my eyes open, I see I am laying in my room, tucked in beneath my comforter. I feel a sigh of relief overcome me when I realized I could actually see again.

"Goodmorning sweetie." My mother warmly greets from my doorway. "Hi mom." I groggily reply."

"You were asleep for a while." She smiles. "I was?" I say as I pull off my covers. "Yes, I came home and Adam said you were passed out on the floor, sleeping I suppose." She crosses her arms.

"You are studying to hard and becoming stressed. It's not healthy Jacqueline." She added. I knew that wasn't the case but I didn't bother to argue with her.

"Adam thinks you had a fever and needed some rest. I took the day off to take care of you and Grace here. Your brother and father have already left for the day." She says and removes a strand of her dark, brown hair out of her face.

"Grace? She's sick?" I asked as I stood up. "Oh, yeah. She said her tummy was hurting so I just kept her home. She's laying down in bed also." My mom says as she sticks a thermometer in my mouth.

The thermometer beeps a few seconds later, revealing my 98 degree temperature.

"I hope she feels better." I say as my mom reads my results. "I hope you get better too." She pats my shoulder.

"I feel fine, mom." I shrug.

"Your brother says you were passed out downstairs. That's not 'fine'. I'm taking you and your sister to the doctor tomorrow morning." She says in a serious tone, narrowing her brows at me.

I groan and lay back down on my comfy bed. "I'll be downstairs. Call me up if you need anything, sweetie." She finishes and exits my room.

I lay in my bed for a couple of minutes but then figured I should be a good big sister and check on little Grace.

I get out of bed and head for Grace's room.

The entire room is dark with tiny toys scattered around. Little family paintings made by Grace are displayed on the pink walls.

"Grace how are you feeli-" I begin to ask until I see the horrid sight.

Grace is standing at the edge of the window sill, the window is fully opened and her eyes are closed.

What's even worse though, is that the porcelain doll is standing right behind her.

It's large, five foot six inch frame is hovering over Grace, breathing heavily.

I stood there, absolutely frozen. My eyes are wide open and my hands start shaking uncontrollably. I began to try to speak, to call out for my mom, but nothing comes out.

Suddenly the monster of a doll slowly turns it's head to face me. The evil-like Cheshire Cat grin is on display. I noticed something different though about it's features.

It's large, glass, eyes were now a bloody red color.

Usually it had pale, blue eyes but the new change frightened me even more so.

It continued to stare at me, not taking it's evil eyes away from my hazel ones. It's breathing still heavy and constant.

I opened my trembling mouth to scream out for my mother.

The demonic creature slowly turned around back to my six year old sister. "P-please, don't touch her." I nervously whispered to the evil thing.

It then let out that same, creepy, sinister laugh that I remember hearing earlier.

A second later, it forcefully pushes little Grace out of the two-story window and I hear a spine chilling, crack sound come from below.