Chapter 13

"The d-doll can walk." I whispered.

"Are you sure dad didn't move it or something?" My brother asks and throws the rest of his candy bar away, wasteful.

"I saw dad this morning. He didn't even go to the living room." I replied. I was trying to think of any possible explanation as to why the doll was sitting one minute and then gone the next.

"I don't know what to tell you then, Jay." Adam sighed and rubbed his temples. I could tell he was getting fustrated too.

"I don't know either, Adam. I just don't know anymore."

---

I head straight home afterschool to meet with Gabriel later. I know he doesn't like me, he probably hates me even. I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is meet up at my house to talk about snacks for prom.

I unlock the large, front door to my house and go straight to the kitchen. I quickly cut up some fruit and snack on it while I review the papers for tomorrow's student council meeting.

I look at the time and twenty minutes have quickly gone by. Where the heck is he? It doesn't take that long to get to my house. I wanted to get this little meeting over with already.

I decide watching some t.v would kill some time. I grab my plate of fruit and walk to the living room and sit down with the remote. I casually turn the t.v on and start watching a random movie thats on.

Another twenty minutes pass by and I'm still sitting here watching the same movie. I finish the last piece of fruit and set the plate down beside me on the couch. All of a sudden the sound from the movie stops and I look up and immediately scream.

The entire screen of the television is black and all there is...is a large image of the horrid doll, with the Cheshire Cat smile spread across it's face. It's large teeth are in full view. The large, dark eyes are staring straight into mine and suddenly the lights in the entire house go off.

I start panicking and jump off of the couch and try to see my way around to the nearest exit. It's completely dark and out of the corner of my eye I can faintly see the t.v turn off by itself.

I try to feel around my surroundings to get out. My heart is beating so fast I feel like it is going to burst.

The house is silent, until I hear breathing.

Slow, steady, heavy breathing.

I could barely hear it at first but then it started becoming more and more distinguished.

It was coming near me.

Tears started streaming down my face and I ran as fast as I could. I ran into something, causing a loud shattering sound. I could still hear the breathing from behind until my trembling hand felt what seemed like a doorknob.

Within a second I swung the door open and collided into another figure, instantly falling down on top of it.

"What in the hell!" I hear them say. I immediately look at the person. It's the boy with jet black hair and crystal blue eyes. My face is inches away from his and our eyes meet for a moment. I quickly get off of him, still breathing heavily.

Gabriel stands up as well and fixes his red, plaid shirt. I try to speak but I'm still out of breath. "S-sor." I take another breath. "Sorry." I finally say.

Gabe doesn't say a word, he just looks at me. Probably wondering what just happened. "What's your problem?" He almost shouts.

I try to get myself together. He probably already thinks im crazy even more now. "The-re's a." I breathlessly say. "A what?" He crosses his arms.

"Theres a-a." I try to speak. Ugh! This is annoying I am so out of breath. "Theres a what!" He yells. Gosh, so impatient. Can he not see that I am practically dying right now?

"It's right in there!" I point back towards the house and start coughing.

"C'mon! Stop fooling around! I want to get this stupid meeting over with as soon as possible." He groans and stomps over to the house. "No, don't!" I yell to him. He opens the door and walks in.

Updates for this story will be every Weds and Sunday! Also, a picture of Jacqueline is to the right. I recieved some messages asking for pictures of the characters so there ya go! A picture of Adam will be posted with the next chapter on Sunday and so on with the other characters. Let me know what you all think of the story so far and don't forget to vote! Thanks for reading!