Chapter 8

I headed to the locker room to get dressed for soccer practice. I had already told the rest of the student council members that we were meeting in the stadium. I threw on my soccer shorts, shoes, and jersey and closed my locker shut. I was really not in the mood to run around and be energetic when all I could think about was Laurel.

"Jacqueline, you coming?" Mckayla called out. "Yeah." I simply replied as I walked outside with her and made a quick braid in my hair. The air was foggy and the grass was still wet from the sprinklers.

I look up at the bleachers and see Adam, tiffany, and the rest of the members all sitting and talking. I quickly run up the bleachers to start the meeting. "Hey guys, sorry that we have to have the meeting here. It won't be long. I just wanted you all to discuss the details of the prom preparations. After, give me a list with all the expenses." They all give me reassuring nods and I start walking back down the steps.

Just as I am walking down, I see the rude guy walking up. I give him an annoyed look. "The meeting is up there. You're late." I say and pass by him. He glares at me and walks over to the rest of the members.

---

As im running around the field during practice. I can't help but notice the intense amount of laughter coming from the bleachers. I look up and see everyone huddled around the guy and smiling. What the heck. I continue to keep up with the ball and kick it into the goal. "Yes!" I yell and push my bangs out of my face. "Practice is over, girls. Great job today." Coach Saunders calls from the sideline.

I chug down water from my water bottle and run up the bleachers, Mckayla follows close behind. I still hear giggling. "What's going on?" I ask, interrupting the laughing. Tiffany and everyone else turn around. "Hey, girl! You did awesome." She smiles.

"Thanks." I say and look to Adam. "Did you get the expenses done?" I cross my arms. "Yeah, we did." He rubs the back of his neck. "We just need to put the new guy in a group for prom preparations."

I glance at the guy. He hasn't told anyone his name so I just keep referring to him as 'rude guy'. "He's really funny."' Tiffany giggles and smiles at the guy. "All the groups are filled though." She adds. Mckayla takes the clipboard from Tiffany and examines it. "The only thing left is snack duty." She looks at me. Ah heck no!

"No." I narrow my eyebrows. "He can be with Adam." "I'm already paired with Darcy." Adam replies. "Mckayla?" I look at her. "Sorry, you paired me up with Trevor." She says. "Tiff?" I ask. "You paired me with Taylor, remember?" Her and Taylor both exchange glances.

I put on a fake smile. I really didn't want to be stuck with the rude guy. "Fine." I sigh.

"It's settled then." Adam smiles at Tiffany. "Meeting is over right?" He then looks at me. "Right." I reply. Everyone begins to leave and I look towards the guy. "Okay." I sit on the bleachers across from him.

"I guess you are on snack duty with me." I take my braid down and let my blonde hair fall. "Sure." He sarcastically replies. "What's your name anyways?" I glare at him. He's already getting on my nerves.

"Gabe." He quickly replies. "As in short for Gabriel?" I ask, in shock that he actually told me his name. "Yeah." He looks away. "My name is Jacqueline." I reply.

"I know. Everyone is always talking about you." He runs a hand through his black hair, giving clear view of his bright blue eyes. "What do you mean?" I ask. "All I hear is 'Jacqueline is so cool.' 'Jacqueline is so perfect.' It's quite annoying." He adds in, his accent is audible now. He is so freaking rude.

"How is that my fault?" I snap. "You're rude!"

"I'm only rude to people like you." He narrows his brows. "People like me?" I sarcastically laugh.

"Yeah! People like you. I hate goody-goody spoiled brats who suck up to people to get whatever they want." He stands up, making my height seem small.

"You don't even know me!" I yell at him as I stand up. "I don't want to know you." He says as he stares into my eyes. "I'm only here because I have to be." His voice lowers.

"You are such an ass!" I yelled and stepped down from the steps. Usually I wouldn't curse at anyone but he mad me so mad.

He grabs his keys and walks past me. "Hello." The principal greets us from the bottom of the field. "I came here to check on how your progress was going." Uh. Oh..