Chapter 32

I woke up the next morning with a huge headache. I didn't even want to get out of bed. I groaned and lazily got up, and quickly dressed. I decided to wear a white, lace, peplum top and black jeans. I curled the ends of my long hair and applied neutral makeup.

Thank God it was Friday.

As I was finishing up my makeup, I couldn't help but think about what my brother said. He had never called me such ugly names, especially with so much hatred.

My dad had pushed us apart and made us stop arguing after a while. After that, I just went to my room, trying to not think about how my own twin brother deeply hates me.

I didn't bother to greet anyone in the morning, I knew they were all still upset with me, so I just left for school.

---
"Long time, no see." Gabe greeted in the parking lot. He had arrived a little after me and was climbing out of his car, wearing dark jeans, Ray Bans, and a gray button up.

"Hey there." I greeted as I grabbed my bag from the passenger side of my car. "So um, I've been thinking..." He walked up to me and ran a hand through his hair.

"That doesn't happen to often." I smirked. He quirked an eyebrow at my comment but then continued. "I'm not going to leave the student council afterall."

"Wait, what? But your free now. You don't have to come and feel tortured anymore." I let out a laugh as I shut my car door. "If you don't want me to be in it, just say so." He replies.

"No, if you wan't too, then I'm all for it, Gabe. I didn't mean for it to come out like that. It just surprised me. We would be glad to keep you in the council." I smiled.

"Well if you insist." He chuckled as he held onto a history book. "Why did you decide to stay in anyways? I thought you wanted to leave?" I asked as we started to walk towards the school.

He paused for a moment and then spoke. "No reason." He simply replied, shrugging.

Uh okay then.

"Well if it isn't the Aussie and his scholar of a friend." Gabe's best friend, Derek greeted and walked down the school steps towards us.

He pushed his wavy blonde hair out of his face, revealing his bright, blue eyes and tan face.

Derek was one of Gabriel's friends that I met when I had detention. Over the past few weeks, I've become good friends with Natalie and Tyson; the other two I met in detention.

Needless to say, Gabriel's friends were now my friends.

"Hey, Derek." I smiled. "Why are you here so early?" Gabe asked him.

"My mom was yelling at me while I was having a smoke this morning so I just got fed up and left early." He replied as he slid his hands in his pockets.

"You're always getting into trouble, dude." Gabe let out a laugh. "It's what I do best." Derek shrugs.

We walked in through the large double doors. "Hey, I have to stop by the locker room to pick up some soccer stuff. I'll catch you guys later." I said to the boys and started for the locker rooms.

~GABRIEL'S POV~

As Jacqueline left, Derek looked at me with a smirk. "What?" I asked.

"What's up with you and Miss America over there?" He replied, tilting his head in the direction Jacqueline left. "What do you mean?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You know what I mean, Swintek." Derek urged. "What? No. Were not dating if that's what you're thinking." I answered as we walked down the hallway.