Chapter 35

After the long drive to the asylum, a couple of nurses greeted me at the door. They were dressed in all white as well and each one had her hair tied up in a bun.

I was taken to a small, secluded room and given an old, baggy, black jumpsuit to wear. The nurses cleaned up my bloody face and stitched up the large gash at the bottom of my chin.

They tied my blonde hair into a tight bun and one nurse escorted me out of the room.

As I was being walked down the long, cemented hallway, I passed by what seemed like jail cells. Except, the people occupying the cells weren't criminals.

They were mentally insane.

We turned a corner and headed down another long hallway. People were up against the metal bars and screaming like there was no tomorrow.

A woman with a large scar covering half of her face was screaming and pulling out her hair, leaving it to fall on the cold floor.

A man was pacing back and forth in his cell, asking himself questions and then answering them as if he were two people having a conversation.

As we continued to pass the cells, I couldn't help but feel frightened. I didn't belong here.

We stopped in front of an empty cell. It was cement from top to bottom and had a small bed against the left side of the wall. There was no window. The only light shining on the cell, was a dark yellow ceiling light coming from the hallway.

"There are guards posted everywhere here. If you need to use the bathroom just yell for one of them and they will take you." The nurse said and with that, she locked me into the cell. Taking the key with her and immediately leaving.
wall.

I took my hair out of the tight bun, letting it fall loose down my back

Feeling hopeless, I sat down on the hard mattress and stared at the wall. I wasn't crazy, I didn't belong here.

---

~GABRIEL'S POV~

I dressed in black jeans and a plain white v-neck shirt. I threw on my black vans, grabbed my keys, and headed out to meet Jacqueline at the park.

I had promised her I would be more open and trusting. She saw passed my troubling ways and actually stayed by me, despite what everyone else would tell her. I hated how her family and friends would judge people so quickly.

Yeah, I'll be the first to admit that I'm no angel.

But I'm not a demon either.

The drive to the park was short. I parked my Audi underneath the shade of a large tree and waited for Jacqueline to show.

...

I checked the time on my phone and saw It was already 12:30 in the afternoon. We had agreed to meet at eleven.

Where the hell was she?

I pulled up my contacts to call her but then I remembered, she told me she broke her phone when she saw the doll's face on it.

She would have already been here by now.

Something's wrong.

I pulled out of the parking spot and started speeding off to her house.

Within minutes, I arrived and ran up the driveway and to the front door. I noticed her car was parked as well.

I knocked on the door three times and anxiously waited for Jacqueline to answer.

However, when the door opened, it was Adam standing there.

His eyes narrowed right when he saw me. "Honey, who is at the door?" I heard a woman say from inside the house. Adam glares at me. "It's no one, mom."