Chapter 21

HEATHER’S POV

            I sat comfortably on Ashley’s lap with a red beanie on my head and warm toast in my hands. I was wearing an old Black Veil Brides shirt that at one point fit me perfectly, yet hung loosely due to my thin figure. I was also wearing boxer shorts and pink, long socks, because I was prone to getting cold easily. I scooted off of Ashley’s lap, so I was next to him on the couch and could put my feet up comfortably. I wasn’t entirely sure why, but for some reason I was in an extra good mood and I could already tell that it would be a good day. All I knew was that Ashley’s visit that previous morning defiantly had something to do with it. It made me feel loved to know that I meant that much to him. I knew for a fact that I was nowhere near as gorgeous as most of the women he dated; yet he insisted on keeping me and calling me beautiful. It made me feel, I dunno, special to know that I meant that much to him. I knew for sure that he meant that much to me.

            “What are you so happy about?” Ashley asked, with a grin on his lips.

            My blush deepened, so I began to frantically shove toast into my mouth to avoid smiling like an idiot. “Nothing.” I mumbled, through a mouthful of toast. I began to choke and cough, so Ashley tried patting my back. “I’m good, I’m good.” I assured him, shooing him off. He chuckled and kissed my head. “Seriously? I thought we were dating.” I teased and turned around to kiss his lips deeply. He kissed me back, not helping the fact that I was already blushing, and ran his hand along my thigh. When I didn’t protest I could feel a smirk grow on his busy lips. I got up and straddled over him, continuing to kiss his perfect lips. I bit his lip and giggled when I heard him moan.

            “Oh gross not on the couch!” Startled, I fell backwards, but was luckily caught by Ashley. Whew! That cudda been bad. I sat back down next to Ashley, slightly embarrassed, as C.C. and Gretchen stared at us with overdramatic, disgusted looks on their faces. “ Remind me never to sit there ever again.” C.C. said, walking over to another chair and plopping down into it, with Gretchen on the floor resting against his legs.

            “Don’t worry C.C. we didn’t do anything… yet.” I remarked, winking at him.

            We heard the doorbell ring and we all exchanged glances, as if mentally deciding who would get the door. Eventually, Ashley decided on an Answer that satisfied us all. “Just come in dumbfuck it’s open!” He shouted. “Now that I think about it, who the fuck let you in?” He asked, glaring at C.C. and Gretchen, who where making innocent faces.

            Gretchen shrugged and fixed her red hair. “Well, we both decided to be kind and just walk in instead of making you get up, to answer the door.” She said as if she should be awarded a medal. Then she looked in disgust between Ashley and me and scrunched up her nose. “Of course now I know to give you guys warning, if people are coming so you can, well, be decent.” She laughed and Ashley flipped her off.

            “Yeah for all you know, we could be naked next time!” He joked.

            C.C. shrugged happily. “Well Heather I wouldn’t mind seeing in the nude. It’s you that I’d rather not see.” Gretchen smacked him and I threw a pillow at him.

            “What? I was kidding.” He said, laughing. “Don’t worry you’re the only one I wanna see naked.” He bent down and kissed Gretchen.

            “What a charmer.” She said sarcastically, putting her hands to her heart. “I’m such a lucky woman.”

            I changed the topic when I saw Jake, Jinxx, and his girlfriend Sammi walk in. Her red hair making her look as though she was related to Gretchen.  “Hi Sammi!” I shouted enthusiastically.

            Happily, she walked over and hugged me “Hi sweetie!” She replied, with equal enthusiasm. I lifted my feet off of the couch, so Jinxx could sit down next to me. As soon as he did, Sammi plopped down on his lap happily. I know it may seem kinda weird since she was only a little older than me, but to me Sammi was sort of my mother figure. I mean, a mother who let me drink and do whatever the fuck I wanted, but still if ever I needed advice on anything that Ashley or Andy couldn’t help me with, Sammi was the person I turned to. Of course I always had Gretchen, but seeing as how she was just like C.C., well, she was more like a sister to me. A crazy, fun, sister who went on shopping sprees with me and wasted all of Ashley and C.C.’s money.

            Jake sat down on an armchair across from C.C. and crossed his arms. “No fair.” He pouted. “I’m the only one without a girl.”

            I giggled and sat on his lap. “Don’t worry Jakey.” I giggled. When did I start calling him Jakey? “ Andy doesn’t have a girlfriend either.” I soother, jokingly patting him on the back.

            “Speaking of which, where the hell is he?” Jinxx asked in confusion, looking around.

            We all shrugged our shoulders and looked around. “I have no idea.” I admitted, adjusting my beanie. “ I haven’t seen him all day.” Up until then I’d just assumed that he was asleep, but it was almost 12 and it wasn’t like we’d partied the night before or anything.

            “I believe someone said my name.” A low voice I loved spoke. Happily I turned to find Andy standing at the bottom of the stairs, but as soon as I saw him I gasped. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. I was literally speechless. Andy had cut off his hair.

            “Oh… my… god.” Ashley remarked, with wide eyes. “Andy your hair is gone.” He said, as if Andy didn’t already know that.

            Andy chuckled and rolled his blue eyes. “Well no shit Sherlock.” He teased.

            In shock I walked over to Andy and looked up at his short hair that had once reached past his shoulders. “B-but why? I mean… you spent years growing it out.” I stammered, still in awe of the situation.

            He smiled and looked down at me with his soft, loving, blue eyes and kissed my forehead. “Because, if there’s anyone that is going to be ridiculed and harassed by idiots because of something as stupid as hair it’s going to be me. Not my sweet baby cousin.” He said sweetly.

            I couldn’t help it; I squeezed my arms around him and wouldn’t let go. “Thank you Andy. Thank you. Not just for this but for everything. You’re seriously the best person I’ve ever known and-“ I began to sob on his shirt, and no mater how much I wanted to stop, I couldn’t.

            He squeezed me back and smiled, not caring about the fact that I was ruining his shirt. “Don’t cry Heather.” He laughed, kneeling down so he didn’t tower over me. “Come on the least you could do is smile.” He said, grabbing my hands. He pulled me over to the couch and let me sit on his lap. I felt like I was a little kid again and that fact mixed with many others brought a huge smile to my face. “See? Much better when you smile.” Andy poked my side, causing me to giggle. I was right. I laughed to myself. It's going to be a good day. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so I know that's not why Andy cut his hair, but it worked well with the story. 

as always comment/ vote/ fan <3