Chapter 7

HEATHER’S POV

            I sat in my bed surfing youtube for as many Black Veil Brides videos as I could possibly find. Although I’m a huge BVB fan I usually don’t go so overboard with it, but I knew that Andy would be there soon, so I couldn’t help myself. I watched all of their music videos on max volume swaying back and forth the whole time. My energy was back up, and I was ready to sing my lungs out. I’d learned how to scream; however I knew I could never be as good as Andy. After watching Perfect Weapon for the third time, my voice finally gave out, so I decided to rewatch their interviews. The bryanstarz ones were my favorites, mostly because Andy would act ridiculous in them, and it always managed to put a smile on my face. I also liked them because the other bands members weren’t in them usually. Don’t get me wrong; I loved Jinxx, Jake, and C.C. It was Ashley that I couldn’t stand. I knew that I should probably have forgiven him by then, but what did I expect? After all, that bastard broke my heart. I knew I’d have to put that behind me someday, because I didn’t really want to die with hate in my heart. But I also wasn’t in the mood to be reminded of our past at the moment.

            I clicked onto interview #5 with Andy and Danny from Asking Alexandria, and instantly I began to smile. Oh Andy, you little idiot.  I had to cover my mouth to avoid filling the entire floor with my weird, high-pitched, laughing. Believe me, that is not easy! Unfortunately, I soon broke my promise and started laughing my weird cackley laugh. But it wasn’t my fault! You try keeping it together, when your cousin starts hassling the interviewer with a dildoe! It’s not freaking possible! Needless to say, I got even more weird stares from the nurses. I didn’t care though; I was too grateful for Andy’s idiocy. It was the only thing that could ever make me laugh in that stupid hospital. I did however turn up the volume, so I wouldn’t have to hear the jerks talk about me in the hallway. I sat in bed half watching the video and half watching the clock, with a huge grin on my face, waiting for Andy.

            “Really? You’re going to play that on max volume? You don’t think I had enough trouble convincing the doctors, I wasn’t on drugs when I got here?” I the low, gravely voice I loved laugh. My head shot to the side, and found Andy standing in my doorway. It was everything I’d hoped for. He had my favorite pants of his on, an amazing leather jacket, and his hair looked just like in the videos. My eyes began to fill with tears of joy as he walked towards me and held me in a hug. I breathed in his scent and old memories flooded back to me. I’d missed him so much; it just didn’t feel real that he was there.

I felt a tear run down my face, and I quickly sprung away from Andy. My hands rubbed across my face as I prayed that Andy couldn’t tell that I was crying. It was harder to hide than I though, especially since the tears didn’t stop. My cheeks began to turn pink from pure embarrassment. “Sorry Andy I-I just..” I stammered, still with my hands over my eyes.

I felt him pull my hands down and wipe away my tears. I must’ve looked terrible! “It’s fine.” He laughed lightly again, but I could feel his hands were shaky. What did he have to be nervous about? If anything I should be nervous. I opened my eyes and found four other dark men standing before me. My lip quivered and I just sat in shock, staring at me heroes. I couldn’t believe it. Andy brought the band with him! When Andy saw I wasn’t going to say anything he began to introduce the band. “Heather, meet the guys. Jinxx, Jake, C.C., and you know Ashley.” Ashley… The name struck me hard. I just hoped they couldn’t tell.

Before I knew it, I was lifted out of bed and onto the floor, to stand before the men who’d changed my life. I shook C.C.’s hand and nearly fainted. I’d never told Andy this, but I’d always sort of had a crush on C.C. He was just so funny and cute. That did not help my face, which I’m sure looked just like a tomato at that point. C.C. saw my face and smiled. He belt down on one knee, kissed my hand and stated, “My dear Bridesmaid Heather, the Black Veil Brides are here to serve you. What is your first demand?” I was still in pure shock and I was so embarrassed that I hadn’t said anything yet. I tried to force myself to speak, but all that came out was my weird laugh and more tears. I was then hoisted into C.C.’s arms and swung around to his back. “I refuse to let you down until you stop crying.” He smirked, “We can’t have you sad now can we?” I could already tell that I would grow really close to C.C. I began to smile and instantly, my tears stopped. However because of my weak state, I’d already begun to grow light headed. I silently cursed god for my sickness and tightened my grip on C.C.’s shoulders and tightened my legs around his waist.

I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, enjoying myself for the first time in a while. “No, no we can’t.” I responded with a laugh. I felt hands on my waist, and was soon lifted off of C.C.’s back and back onto my bed by Jake. He was a lot taller in person than he looked in videos. I looked back in awe as they all began to talk to me, like I was just a normal person. It had been a while, since anyone had treated me like a normal human being and not a lost cause. They were all standing around my room, except for Andy, who was sitting next to me on my bed. I rested my head on his shoulder like I used to do when we were younger, and he put his arm around me. It was like he’d never left me. I don’t deserve this.

“So what do you want to do now that we’re here madam?” Jinxx asked shyly smiling. What did I wanted to do was very different from what I could do. I wanted more than anything to just go out and have a fun day with my favorite people, but I knew that would never happen. I was already getting tired, and I could never make it walking around all day. As I thought about it I realized that I was probably just wasting all of their time. After all, I was just some sick kid, who couldn’t do anything but get tested and sleep. I took a deep breath as I struggled to think of a possible activity.

Andy looked at me sympathetically and rubbed my back. “Guys,” he began, looking at the other band members. “ Why don’t we watch a movie with her? We’ve all had a long day, and there’s a video player here. I think that we could all use a rest.”

I looked up at Andy and buried my face into his shoulder. “Thank you.” I whispered, so that no one but Andy could here me. That guy always knew how to take care of me. All of the guys seemed to enjoy the movie idea, and soon Jinxx, C.C., and Jake were gone to get food and a movie. This left me alone with Ashley and Andy. It was kind of awkward between Ashley, and me but I don’t think that Andy noticed it. Thank god! Ashley sat in one of the big chairs next to my bed in his normal attire. He had black cowboy boots, black skinny jeans, and a studded vest on. For once the vest wasn’t open, like it always was on stage. He had black sunglasses on, and from my angle, I could see the bags under his eyes. “Rough night?” I asked, trying to break the ice.

He turned to me and adjusted his glasses. “Ha, you know it.” He smiled and leaned back in his chair, acting overly tired. I giggled and pushed his shoulder. This was the Ashley I missed. It almost made me forget what he’d done to me. “So, long time no see. Do ‘ya remember me?” He asked, though I could tell what he really meant. What he really meant was ‘do you remember what I did to you.’ He looked worried as he asked it, even though he kept his smile. He was picking at his boot, like he used to do whenever he was uneasy.

I got off of the bed and slowly made my way over to him. I sat down on his lap, and he wrapped his arms around me. “Of course I do.” I replied, forcing a smile on my face. “You’re Ashley fucking Purdy. One does not forget the likes of you easily.” I saw a flash of red cross his face, and I knew that he knew I hadn’t forgotten. Luckily, for the next half hour we managed to act normal for Andy’s sake. I laughed at every word out of their mouths and ignored the voice in my head telling me to rip Ashley’s throat out. But for some reason seeing his face also brought back the voice urging me to kiss him. I knew I should hate him, but at the moment, I dunno… I couldn’t help but remember the good times we’d had. That stupid jerk and his charm! No mater how much I wanted to resist, I’d soon given out and fallen asleep in his arms. My head fell onto his chest as I slowly fell into a sleeping state. Great this will surly help me out. Like things weren’t awkward enough between us! I couldn’t help it though, the Black Veil Brides and taken all my energy out. I could only imagine what the rest of their time here would be like.