Chapter 3

ANDY’S POV

            We managed to get plane tickets back to L.A. that night. Other than a few weird stares, a couple autographs, and a picture or two, it was a pretty easy trip. We didn’t talk much at the airport, and once we got on the plane Jinxx, C.C., and Jake fell asleep almost instantly. I couldn’t sleep though; I was too worried about what I was going to say to Heather when I saw her. What will she look like? Will she be mad that I brought the guys? I had to bring them though. I tried to close my eyes, to get a little shuteye before the day ahead, but I just couldn’t. Heather kept popping back into my head. I couldn’t wrap my brain around the face that I was the only person that she bothered to tell about her. I mean, she was fucking dying for god sake! You’d think there would be a couple people who wanted to see her… but… I guess growing up I really was all she had. I should have brought her on tour with us. I should have insisted that she stay with me… I couldn’t deny the fact that maybe if I’d made her stay with me that maybe… just maybe… we could have noticed her Leukemia sooner, and we could have gotten her treatment. Was it all my fault? No! Andy, don’t think like that! Heather is expecting her happy cousin, to see her tomorrow! So calm the fuck down, and stop feeling like shit!

            I looked over at Ashley for some inspiration, since C.C. was asleep and he was the next best thing, and I found him talking to some blond, big-chested, bimbo. Figures. Nothing could stop that guy when there’s a hot girl sitting across from him, but seriously he couldn’t stop just this once? Well… I guess if I wanted to be happy, it would only make sense for my friends to be happy too. The bimbo leaned forward revealing even more cleavage (if that’s even possible!) and put her hand on Ashley’s leg. She bit her lip and kept staring into Ashley’s eyes.

            “So you’re really in a band?” she asked, rubbing his leg. Ashley nodded enjoying how over the top she was acting. He was trying his best to look her in the eyes, but his eyes kept wandering to her chest. She took notice and giggled. “That’s soooo cool.” She flirted. “’Ya know, my apartment isn’t far from the air port, if you need a place to stay.” She looked over at me, and her smile widened. “Your friend can come too if he wants. My roommate loves band guys!” She begged giving us both puppy-dog eyes. I couldn’t help, but laugh at Ashley. The poor guy wanted to go with her so bad.

            “You can go Ashley, I think I’m going to try to get some sleep tonight before I see Heather.” I said with a weak, smile. The girl’s eyes saddened when she heard that I couldn’t come, but less than 30 seconds later she was all over Ashley again. Only this time, Ashley didn’t seem that excited to go with her. She tried to flirt more and began to feel his muscles, but he just lifted her hands off of him. Well that’s a first.

            He gave her a light laugh and a smile, but he was done flirting with her. “Sorry,” he said with a shrug, “ There’s a little lady out there who needs me a little more than you do at the moment.” The bimbo pouted, obviously trying to be cute and failing, and turned away. Ashley laughed to himself and began to mess with his boot.

            I lightly elbowed him and he looked up with a confused look on his face. “Ashley, did you just give up a sure thing for Heather?” I still couldn’t believe I was saying that; after all it took an awful lot for Mr. Purdy to give up a girl as hot as that along with her roommate, whom of which I can only imagine what she would look like.

            He lightly shrugged and answered, “Yeah, I guess I did.” He was just acting like it was nothing, but I could tell there was more to it.

            “Why?” I asked.

            “It’s nothing you need to worry about Andy. It’s in the past.” He tried to push the topic away, but it wasn’t going anywhere. There was no way I’d let him get away with not telling me.

            I nudged him again, a smirk growing on my face, “Come on Ashley. Tell me what’s up. I mean, I’ve never seen you give up on a sure thing like that. Not even when I C.C. was lost on the side of the road in Indiana, you still showed up to get him, with two girls on your arm. What makes Heather any different?”

            At the mention of her name Ashley… blushed? No. There was no way Ashley just blushed. I mean, it’s Ashley Purdy! Still I began to laugh at the though. He turned to me after a few seconds and lightly punched my shoulder. “ Look, I can’t leave you when you’re like that. Come on look at your arm, bro. Do you really think I’d leave you for anything right now?” He said concerned. He looked at the bimbo, then back at me. “Besides, you don’t think I could get another one of those hotties in a heart beat?” With that he leaned back in is seat, and along with everyone else, fell asleep. I knew he was hiding something. But what?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alrighty now we got Mr. Purdy tied into things! This should be fun. Anyways thanks again for reading. I hope you like it so far