Chapter 14

HEATHER’S POV

            I rolled over in my bed and sunk deeper into the warm covers. They were surprisingly comfy for once, so I took advantage of it. I covered my head and curled into a cozy little ball. After about five minutes of sleeplessly enjoying the comfort, I opened my eyes. Although I was still under the blankets, I could tell something wasn’t right. First of all, my bed was way too nice to be the same uncomfortable hospital bed, I’ll been in for months. Second, since when were my covers brown? They’d always been white, just like everyone else’s beds, in the hospital. Cautiously, I emerged from underneath my blankets. I took a look around the room and instantly realize the quite obvious fact that I wasn’t in the hospital. I was in some sort of hotel room, but I couldn’t remember how I got there. I could hear footsteps outside my door, so I steadily stumbled over to my door. I placed my hand over the gold knob and began to turn it, but as I did someone on the other side of the door swung it open, causing me to fly forward.

            I crashed headfirst into a man’s bare chest. To keep myself from falling, I instinctively clutched onto whoever it was’s muscular arm. I felt the man’s other hand run through my hair in a familiar way. “Well good morning to you too.” I heard him chuckle. I turned my head upwards and instantly began to smile. I wrapped my arms tighter around Ashley’s bicep and got on my tiptoes, so I could kiss his soft lips. As our lips parted, he smiled down at me. “ Did you sleep well?”

            I released my grip and put my hands on my hips. “Well yeah. Other than the fact that I have no fucking idea where I woke up.” He rolled his eyes and placed his hands over mine, on my hips. His hands slid back so they were wrapped around my waist.

            “Oh yeah. I was getting to that.” He responded like it was no big deal. “Or….” He began to say, as his hands lowered to my butt.

            I smacked his head playfully, trying my best to keep a straight face. “No Mr. Purdy! Not until you tell me where I am!” I crossed my arms over my chest, and with a pout Ashley dropped his arms to his side.

            He rolled his eyes and took my hand. “Fine.” He led me into the living area of our hotel room, where we found Andy, Jinxx, and Jake watching some movie, on the couch and C.C. sat in an armchair, with a girl on the floor, resting on his legs. Ashley clapped his hands, removing them all from their movie-educed trance. “ Guys Heathers up.” He announced. Almost immediately, Andy’s eyes lit up. I walked over to him and squeezed between him and Jake, so I could rest my head on Andy and prop my feet on Jake.

            “Oh come on. Why do I get the feet?” Jake wined, as he tried to push my feet from his lap. As soon as my feet hit the ground, the instantly sprung back up onto his lap. After a few seconds Jake gave up, allowing me to cross my legs.

I stuck out my tongue and Jake stuck his out at me too. “You know you love my feet.” I joked, wiggling my toes. “Okay, I got off topic. Somebody explain to me why I’m here and also who’s that?” I asked, pointing to the red headed girl in front of C.C.

“Well fist off, this is Gretchen.” He tilted his head to her. “We met her at the bar yesterday and she wouldn’t fucking leave!” C.C. joked, pretending to be annoyed.

Gretchen turned around and slapped C.C.’s leg. “You liar! You practically begged me to come back with you.” She smirked and C.C. leaned down to kiss her. I’ll admit it, from that short period of time; I could already tell they were perfect for each other. Gretchen stood up and walked happily over to me and stuck out her hand. “It’s so nice to meet you. Andy and Ashley have told me so much about you, I feel like I already know you.” She smiled and I shook her hand.

“Nice to meet you Gretchen.” She returned to her spot by C.C. “Okay, now that that’s cleared up I do believe there’s still the issue of why I’m here.” I turned my head to Andy, since no one else seemed to be answering my question. “Andy, care to explain?”

            He sighed and straightened his back. “We just felt that if you were with us, then you would have a better time.” He shrugged and smiled. I could tell he wasn’t telling me everything, but I didn’t feel like hearing the rest of why I was with them, if he didn’t want to tell me.

            “Alright.” I smiled. I could see them all give a sigh of relief, when I didn’t ask any further question, and like before I let it slide. I knew I’d find out about it eventually, if it truly was important… then again, it took me three months to tell Andy my news. I would just have to hope that Andy was better with telling news than I was.