15. souffle

"Hi Meng!" Kim, the receptionst, greeted as soon as Menggay approached the receptionists desk on the 24th floor. Meng was in her regular jeans and blouse outfit, hair neatly tied in a ponytail. She was carrying a lunchbag.

"Hi!"

"...food ba yan ni Sir?"

"Ahh oo...dalhin ko lang sa pantry..." Meng said as she walked toward the office pantry at the back.

"Okay..."

"Good morning Ma'am...welcome to Faulkersons" Kim then greeted Mama Rose. She was with Papa Rico. They had been on the same elevator as Meng. Mama Rose talked to Kim while Papa Rico looked around the lobby and the office.

"Maganda...maayos..." Papa Rico commented.

"Good morning Sir..." Kim greeted Papa Rico.

"Good morning" Papa Rico replied.

"Is Rj here?" Mama asked

"Rj po?" Kim looked puzzled.

"Rj....Faulkerson..."

"Oh, Sir Richard...yes po..."

"Yes...si Richard nga...anak namin..." Mama Rose said.

"Ah opo...opo....have a seat po muna...." Kim immediately said and showed them the blue couch across from the receptionist's desk. She left her post and walked toward Richard's office.

Most everyone in Richard's office was dressed in their usual office attire. A few people who exited the elevators and walked past the receptionists lobby wore slacks or jeans and heels. They had just come back from a client call.

Since the office layout was open, most everything that was going on could be seen upon exiting the elevators. Meng reappeared from the office pantry which was behind the wall across from Kim's desk. She walked past the lobby and into one of the glass-walled rooms on the side.

Mama and Papa saw this and wondered who the simple-looking girl was. Mama tapped Papa's leg and nodded toward the direction of the room.

Michelle, Richard's secretary entered the room together with Meng. Richard stood up and approached the ladies and gave Meng a smack on the lips. When Mama saw Richard kiss Meng, she squeezed Papa's leg.

"Smack lang e"

"Yan ba sya?"

"Siguro...di naman bineso yung isa diba? Basta sinasabi ko sa yo Leng...hayaan mo sya...sila...malaki na ang anak natin...alam na nya ang ginagawa nya..."