11. fried rice

Having a long day travelling up to Baguio, Meng was lulled to sleep by just watching the flames in the fireplace. Richard was still enjoying their cuddling moment when he felt Meng's weight more against his chest.

He scooped her off the floor and gently laid her on the bed. She was too tired and slightly buzzed from the wine to notice that he had helped her slip off her shoes, pants, shirt and bra. Richard stripped down to his boxers and cuddled her until he fell asleep.

Meng's body clock woke her up at a little past 4:00 a.m. It was still dark outside and she was a little disoriented when she opened her eyes. She felt a warm breath against her neck and something heavy across her chest and thighs. She immediately realized that Tisoy was had his face nuzzled against her neck and was embracing her as he slept. She gently patted on his arm and whispered, "Hon, wiwi ako..." Tisoy then moved his body to lay flat on his back.

Meng got up and walked to the bathroom and took a shower. With the bathroom lights on, she tried to search for her bag in the dark but could not see where it was. She found Tisoy's bag, however. She pulled out and wore his shirt and boxers.

Menggay tiptoed downstairs and found the blanket they used by the fireplace. She sat on the sofa and pulled the blanket over her legs. Soon, Yaya Gloria came into the house to start breakfast.

"Good morning po"

"Ay! Good morning Meng este Ma'am..."

"Meng nalang po..."

"Ah opo...ano po ang gusto nyong breakfast? Sabi ni Sir, yung steak rice daw ang ihahain ko...may gusto pa ba kayong iba?"

"Mainit na milo nalang po muna, meron po ba?...Tulog pa naman siya e..."

"Ah sige po...sandali lang..."

"Samahan ko na po kayo sa kitchen..."

"I-on ko lang yung heater para di masyadong malamig dito sa loob ng bahay..."

"Naglalagay ka ba ng gatas sa milo mo?"

"Sugar lang po..."

"Ahh pareho pala tayo..."

"Hmm...matagal ka na bang katulong ni Tisoy?"

"Dati akong katulong kina Senyora Elena, kapatid ni Senyora Rose, yung Mama ni Rj...nung sinabi ni Senyora Rose na uuwi na si Rj ng Pilipinas, pinagtrabaho na ako sa kanya..."

"...kilala nyo na ba si Richard, si Rj, bago pa sya umuwi?"

"Madalas magkwento yung Yaya Lourdes nya sa akin..."

"Yaya Lourdes?"