Chapter Forty One: Keep It Safe

Yesterday was amazing, the weather was perfect, things with Niall were perfect.[KC1]  Life simply felt perfect. After our swim we went back inside the house and whilst Niall prepared lunch I sorted some things out in the bedroom. I decided to unpack the majority of the clothes seeing as they would come in handy next time we visited this island. However right now it’s quiet seeing as Niall is in some sort of interview with the owner of these islands. Niall had told me that they were just finalising some things but it’s almost been 3 hours and I’m getting hungry. My mum checked up on me and was very keen to find out what I had been up to, before she asked I made sure to mention that I was indeed still a virgin. I wasn’t sure if she was happy or sad about it, I got mixed reactions. First she was all ‘that’s good honey keep it safe.’ And then she was all ‘Sex is a good thing to experience in life.’ And don’t worry I did facepalm and whine at her choice of words. Well this is getting awkward, especially since I’m talking to no one. I seriously have no life. Bye

I placed my diary back into my suitcase with all my winter clothes, hmm now what to do. I went back into the loungeroom and got out my phone, and went into my Twitter app. I scrolled through my timeline and favourited a few things and replied to two or three tweets. Next I went through all my mentions and well, I didn’t like what I was reading. I think things are slowly getting to me, I don’t want them to get inside my head but…

“Hey beautiful, sorry it took so long.” I got a surprise as Niall touched my shoulder, I dropped my phone into my lap. I didn’t reply as Niall sat down beside me and pulled me into his lap, with my legs dangling to the one side. “What were you doing?”

“I was on Twitter.” I said softly whilst looking Niall in the eye.

“Yeah? Anything new or interesting?” I shook my head at this, not wanting Niall to worry about me. I also didn’t want to think of what I had read, it wasn’t exactly something I would like to remember. “Why is my Ellie being so quiet?” Niall poked my cheek before kissing it.

“Just tired.” I said, once again really quietly.

“But it’s only 1. What do you want for lunch?”

“What is there?” I asked after once again shrugging my shoulders.

“Not sure, let’s go look.” Before I had a chance to reply Niall had picked me up and was carrying me into the kitchen. I didn’t even bother to demand to be put back on the floor I just let him carry me and that was it.

Niall’s POV

Something was wrong with Ellie, this morning she was loud and talkative but as soon as I got back she was almost silent. There were no protests against me letting her down after I picked her up, she didn’t even care about what we were eating. I wanted to ask what’s up but I didn’t want to push it.

I quickly went through all the food and decided on some chicken wraps. It would only take a few minutes to prepare and so I started getting all the ingredients out.

“What are we having?” Ellie asked, her voice only slightly more cheery.

“I’m thinking Chicken wraps.” I dropped the wraps onto the bench and made my way to the fridge to get out all the fresh produce and of course the chicken. 

“Sounds good, want some help?” Ellie said as she took another step towards me.

“Do you really think I could do all of this by myself? No way!” Ellie laughed at this and came towards me and began getting ready.

After 10 minutes of preparing we finally sat down to eat, Ellie was only slightly back to her normal self. She was smiling so that was something.

“What do you want to do today?” I asked once I finished my wrap.