Chapter Twenty Nine: Last Forever

I blink in surprise, I don’t recognise her at all, maybe she is younger, or older than me.

“You don’t sound Irish…” Louis says tilting his head to the left.

“That’s because I’m not, I moved there for my last 3 years of schooling.” She spoke really softly.

“How old are you?” Harry asks, seeming genuinely interested.

“19, just turned 19 actually. Like a week ago.” I smile at Hayley, she’s so quiet it’s sometimes a little difficult to hear her.

 “Nice, so your Harry’s age.” Louis pointed out the obvious, making me smile.

“Yeah, my first year was Nialls second last. Ellie I was in your homegroup and I knew Sean because I helped him get to a few of his classes.” The shy girl said as she pulled a strand of her brown hair behind her ears. We talked for a little longer about careers and future plans, I learned that Hayley had plans of becoming a well-known photographer and a columnist in a magazine. She’s kinds of halfway there already, already working at a magazine and taking amazing photos of which she showed us. We all had lunch and we left the café at 4, of course we were spotted but it wasn’t crazy, only about 50 of them compared to the mob that were running around. We made it back to the house just before a huge mob were racing around, of course we were being all Ninja so luckily they didn’t see us or else we would’ve been stuffed.  

I wandered around aimlessly once we got back, Harry kept asking what I was doing and if I was alright I just laughed and continued wandering around. I finally settled on watching TV with Zayn who got back half an hour after we got back. He doesn’t constantly switch channels which is something different. I constantly check my phone, eager to hear from Niall but he’s only sent one text and that was 3 hours ago. You see I get bored easily and I have trouble finding things to do and not having Niall with me makes it 100 times more likely for me to get bored.

“ELLIE!!!” I turn around to see Harry and Louis running towards me with Liam trailing behind them. They all jump onto the couch and squish me. “Where is Niall?” Harry asks as he wraps an arm around me.

“No idea, haven’t heard from him in 3 hours, probably got a bit side tracked with my brother. What are the plans for tonight?” I ask spinning around to face Harry.

“Nothing, a night in. We have to be up nice and early tomorrow, we have a whole day out with photo shoots and interviews.” Liam said with a yawn.

“Oh that’s something new, not like Niall has been talking my ear off about how excited he is.” I say my voice wrapped with sarcasm. Harry and Louis start laughing as Liam rolls his eyes.

“So we start at the studio on Wednesday right?” Zayn asks, switching the TV off.

“Yep, we get to work with Ellie.” Harry says squeezing me tightly in his arms.

“Can’t. Breathe!” I say as I pretend to run out of breath. Harry loosens his grip and starts talking with Louis.

“I’m guessing we are your first project?” Zayn speaks as Harry and Louis finally leave the room.

“Yeah, I’m surprised my boss has given me such a big task, but I guess in some ways it makes sense.” I answer Zayn whilst checking my phone once more for a reply from Niall.

“No reply?” Liam says as they both watch me look at my phone, I shake my head and drop my phone into my lap.

“Nothing…” It’s quiet for a few seconds before Liam decides to speak again.

“Well should we watch a movie? Play PS3? Anything to pass time.”

“Sure.” I say, Liam then gets up and starts the PS3 up whilst Zayn turns the TV on once again.

“COD alright?” Liam asks as he hands Zayn and I a remote.

“Yeah, never played but you can teach me.”

We end up playing several games of COD before I finally give up trying to beat them, it’s a hard task I’m telling you now.  I excuse myself from the gaming and make my way to my room, I open my diary and just stare at the blank page before writing.

I’m glad that Niall is out and socialising, I just wish he would let me know where he is or when he will be back. I miss him. Although with him being gone I have gotten to know the other boys a little more, I spent time with Harry and Louis and then Liam and Zayn. Celebrities aren’t really as bad as I thought they would be, media just makes them different. I’m glad I let Niall etch his way into my heart, I’m a better person now and I’m genuinely happy. However as we all know happiness won’t last forever.

I decided to go through my Twitter mention and reply to some people. There was loads of hate but I didn’t take much notice of it seeing as there were so many other tweets with people telling me how much they love Niall and I together. I reply to about 20 tweets before tweeting my goodbyes for the day and shutting my laptop down. By now it’s about 6 and Niall still isn’t back however he had managed to send me a text saying ‘I’ll be back late xx’ yeah well obviously.

I smell food so I head downstairs to find Liam and Zayn in the kitchen, with a mess surrounding them. I laugh as I see flour all over Zayns shirt and some in his hair. I then take in Harry who is sitting at the table, rolling pin in hand.

“ELLIE! Want to help me make some cookies?” Harry says once he spots me.

“Harry that’s cheating!” Zayn whines from behind me since I started walking closer to Harry.

“What?”

“We’re playing Master Chef.” Suddenly Louis pops up from the ground, a heap of dough in his hands. “ Harry and I are making cookies and Zayn and Liam are making cupcakes. Whoever makes the best wins.”

“I know how Master Chef works, well have fun. I came down in hope that dinner was being prepared but…”

“I’M BACK!!!” I stopped in my tracks as I hear a door close followed by the all too familiar voice.”

“About fucking time Niall!” Liam said from the oven. “You sent Ellie on a frenzy.”

“I wasn’t that bad!” I piped up before anyone could say anything. By now Niall had joined us in the kitchen, he was taking in the scene unfolding in front of him. Probably just looking at the mess.

“Well aren’t you guys messy.” Niall simply states as he notices the bunch of flour sprawled across the floor.

“Not like you can talk Mr Horan! Have you seen your room?” I give him a soft punch in the stomach as he fakes pain.

“Well you were going to help me clean it.” Niall says in defence.

“What whilst your out for like 5 hours?” I spit back. Niall smirks at me and doesn’t answer.

“Awww did my poor Ellie miss me?” Niall coos as he wraps his arms around me. Before I can reply he pulls me over his shoulders and walks out of the room with me kicking and screaming. God some people could think I was a 2 year old! With a bit of a struggle Niall and I finally end up in his room.

“Where do we begin?” Niall asks as he plops me down on the bed and stands in front of me with his arms crossed.

“What?” I ask, utterly confused.

“Cleaning my room, where should we begin?” Niall repeats once more.

“Oh, I guess the floor.” I look at the floor and cringe when I see how his clothes are just tossed everywhere. “How do you seriously live in this mess?” I ask, probably not the first time either.

“I’m hardly ever here.”

We spend the night cleaning Nialls room, obviously with plenty of interruptions, by the end of the clean-up we just drop dead on his bed and fall asleep, at least that’s how I remember it going.