Chapter Seventeen: Too Much

I didn’t know what to do. Mads told me the news and all I could do was pace around my room.

“I’m sorry Ellie but...”

“I know Mads, just please tell me he is okay.” I said desperately.

“Honestly Ellie I don’t know, I got the call and that’s all I know. They asked us to come to the hospital so only if you want I’ll take you there.”

“No, I’m not showing my face there, why were you even called, I cut off all connections with him long ago.” I said happy with my decision. “He left us a year after the birth of Sean and I, I never got  to know him. Suddenly when I’m 18 he wants me back, I fell for it then and I thought I could give him a second chance but I’m not doing that again, he isn’t part of my life anymore. I don’t care what Amy or Sean do, all I know is I don’t want to see him again, I just need to know that he’ll be okay.”

“Okay.” Mads said quietly as I blurted all my thoughts out, I don’t want to see him again. He left me so I have a right not to see him again. I sat down on my bed and took a few deep breaths. He’s my father yes but he was never there for me, he never cared for me like a dad should, David did. He was there; he got to see me achieve everything that meant so much to me. Sure after my dad left I would’ve been broken, my mum needed another man and she found him. My mum found the right man for me and my siblings, I thought he was my real dad but my mum kept explaining to me that he wasn’t, David distanced himself once I understood but I only grew closer to him, he was a loving dad and I couldn’t have asked for anyone better!

“I’m going to go to sleep now Mads, have to be at work by 9:30 tomorrow morning, we have preparation for a meeting at 10:30. Oh you won’t believe who I’ve been assigned to work with!”

“Who?!” Mads screeched.

“One Direction! I’ll be working with Niall. This is a good thing, my bond with him will grow stronger. Oh Mads I haven’t thanked you yet for inviting Niall to the party last night, him and I are now together. Thank you.” I said with a soft smile.

“That’s great Ellie, I’m happy for you. Well I better get to sleep now as well.” Mads said and she left my room.

I sighed and sat back on my bed replaying the words Mads had told me only minutes okay.

“Ellie I’m really sorry but your dad was in a serious car accident, he’s fallen into a coma and doctors have detected brain damage.”  Those words kept running through my head, what if he doesn’t make it through the night, his own daughter won’t even be there for him. I’m a terrible daughter!!! I reached to my phone and scrolled through my contacts. I stopped when I found my mums contact and I dialled her number.

“Ellie. I-I...”

“Mum, shhh. It’s okay... Is Ham- I mean my dad okay?”

There was a short pause and then I heard sobs coming from the other side of the phone call.

“He’s in a coma Ellie. The doctors don’t know when he will wake up...” My mum sobbed after he finished her sentence.

“Mum, calm down. Hamish left us, I don’t think he’ll leave us again but seriously why are you so upset about this you have David now. Hamish doesn’t care about us anymore.”  I said slowly so mum could understand my every word.

“He- he was coming to visit. He wanted to be there for us. David was happy for him to turn up; he knows I love him and only him. I was going to tell you earlier but Mads told me you were busy with work.” My mum stopped talking.

“Mum listen that’s okay. He can be there for you Sean and Amy but not with me. He’s in my thoughts but I don’t  want to see him.”

“Okay, I understand Ellie but if you change your mind give me a call. Love you and I’ll keep you updated.” My mum said. We both said goodbye and I put my phone on my bedside table. I stretched on my bed and looked up at my ceiling again.

Things can become difficult sometimes, I just found out that my dad is in hospital with a coma because of a car accident. My biological father that is, the man who abandoned me, yeah him. Wow look at me! Second time I’ve written in this diary today, not to mention within an hour of eachother. I’m tired, really tired! Too much has happened today and it’s honestly made me feel like shit. I have to leave earlier so I may as well get to sleep now.

I chuck my diary under my bed and rest my head on my pillow. My phone makes a noise so I reach over and check it.

‘I know we discussed this earlier but are you sure you’re okay with eventually being all over the news?’     

-Niall

‘I’m sure, they are eventually going to find out.’

-Me

‘Good, because just noticed a photo of us was on the news, also Twitter is going crazy... Ignore the hate babe.’

-Niall

‘Ignoring it... No such thing as hate! ;)’

-Me

‘That’s the way, see you tomorrow beautiful <3’

-Niall

‘Yep, you’re picking me up right?’

-Me

‘Only in the morning, can’t when you finish work I’ll be doing an interview.’

-Niall

‘That’s okay. Xox Night.’

-Me

‘Night, sleep tight.’

-Niall.

I smiled at my phone and put it back down on my bedside table. I got under the covers and closed my eyes. I couldn’t bring myself to telling Niall about my dad, he would just worry and ask questions. Only Mads knows that David isn’t my biological father...

A/N: Do you guys think it’s a good thing for Ellie to be keeping her biological father a secret? What do you think she’s going to do? Tell Niall or hush about it? Please C O M M E NT what you think :)

‘