35.Marriage...

"A wife may not always be a queen for her husband, but she's always a princess for her father."

CRYSTAL'S P.O.V.:

"Are you ready Cryst?" My dad asked me.

"Yes, dad" I replied.

"Oh My God! Crysti you are looking so beautiful." My cousin Ella said entering after my dad. She is my only cousin and she arrived yesterday with her parents.

"Thanks, Ell," I replied.

"Let's go fast, dear. The groom is very impatient. If we don't reach there soon I am sure he will come here and drag you outside. He called me five to six times within these ten minutes." Dad told me but there was no sign of irritation in his tone. He was looking very happy. We then headed outside.

***

As I was walking towards the aisle, music began to play. My heart skipped a beat when I looked at Kayon. He is looking very handsome. As we reached there I left my fathers arm and Kayon held my hand and we stood beside each other. After greeting the priest read out Christians believes on marriage. Then the priest asked Kayon, "do you, Mr Kayon Pride accept Miss. Crystal Grey as your lawfully wedded wife?"

Kayon replied, "I Kayon Pride take you, Crystal Grey, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part."

Then the priest asked me, "Do you Miss. Crystal Grey accept Mr Kayon Pride as your lawfully wedded husband?"

I replied, "I Crystal Grey, take you Kayon Pride to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish till death do us part."

Then Kayon lifted my left hand and placed the ring in my finger saying, "with my body I honour you, all that I am I give to you and all that I have I share with you, within the love of God." I too did the same.

Then the priest said, "By the grace of God I now declare you as husband and wife." Looking at Kayon the priest continued, "you may now kiss....." Before the priest could complete his sentence Kayon kissed me. I was feeling too much embarrassed. Everyone started cheering.

After the sermon, Kayon and I both signed our marriage certificate. Then we got blessings and greetings from our family and friends. Ednil hugged both of us and wished us good luck for our future. I noticed one thing, since the time we took our vows till now, Kayon had a huge smile on his face. His cheeks must be paining because of it. I never saw him smiling this much, before.

Then we both headed towards his car. I wanted to perform that traditional ritual of throwing the bouquet but he didn't let me do that. He told me to sit inside his car. Then he started driving slowly. I saw many of our relatives and our parent's car passing by. I don't understand why is he driving so slow?
Then he played the song 'Love at first sight' by Jori King.

She got me feeling like uh uh oh wo an oh...
And I never felt this way before
And I wanna give you all my world cuz
You make me believe in love at first sight...
And I do, yes I do, I-I do, yes I do...

Then I started looking outside the window but after some time he increased the volume and I again turned my face towards him.

Oh, pretty girl, I don't think that you know.
How strong or deep my love for you can go...
I never thought it could happen to me...
But baby girl I'm starting to believe...
Believe in love at first sight...
And girl I love that it's feeling so right...
Wanna give you all of me...
And I want you to give me all of you cuz you...
You-you make me believe in love at first sight.

Then he lowered the sound and smirked looking at me and said, "I mean every word of this song Grey."

I was lost for words. What did he mean by every word? This is a song of Love at first sight. Does he...
I instantly turned my gaze towards the window and concentrated on what's outside before my mind could complete this sentence. I don't want to fall in love with this jerkhead because of his polished words. Because at the end my heart will be broken like my marriage if he ends the contract...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I NEVER WITNESSED ANY CHRISTIAN WEDDING SO IF THERE IS ANY MISTAKE IN THE WEDDING RITUALS THEN DO EXCUSE ME...
FINALLY, THEY ARE MARRIED👏
Is there something missing, let me give you a hint Crystal forgot something important related to her present situation can you help in reminding her?

FINALLY, THEY ARE MARRIED👏Is there something missing, let me give you a hint Crystal forgot something important related to her present situation can you help in reminding her?