Chapter 21 - PETER'S POV

I wake up abruptly. I should go apologize, I'll tell her I won't go back. She can't have mean't what she said. I get dressed and go downstairs to eat breakfast. Wanda isn't down there. I eat as fast as I can, and then proceed to get ready. I rush back downstairs with my backpack on one shoulder and hop into the car. Happy smiles, and we leave.

"Wait, where's Wanda?" I ask Happy.

He responds, "Nat drove her today, she didn't mention it?"

I shake my head no and sit back against the seat.

We get to school and I see Wanda talking to her new friend Betty. I wave at her but she walks in through the doors, ignoring me. I run up the stairs to catch up with her, and grab her wrist through the crowded hall. She turns around to look at me slightly as I say, "Please, let's talk. We really need to talk".

She yanks her wrist away and says, "There's nothing to talk about, Parker. Now if you'll excuse us, we're gonna be late". Her and Betty walk away from me. I'm left dumbfounded, staring after her in the middle of the hallway.

Ned and MJ walk up to me. "Everything good with you two, dude?" Ned asks and pats me on the shoulder.

"I think we broke up" I say, still in shock.
———
My first two classes go by slower than they ever have. It's like everything is in slow motion.

At lunch I sit with Ned and MJ, and Wanda sits on the other side of the caf with many other people. There's a guy sitting next to her who keeps flirting with her, but she seems oblivious to it. Eventually I get up and walk out of the caf to go to the bathroom, I can't take watching her from a distance. I'm walking in the hall when I get stopped by Liz.

"Peter, oh my gosh! I'm so glad you're okay!" she says.

"Thanks Liz", I say rather coldly and try to keep walking.

She grabs my hand and pulls me in so we're face to face. She puts her hands on my face and says, "You know, I miss you Parker."

What the hell is she doing? I don't move or speak, I'm so flustered.

"We were so good together. You know, 'Peter and Liz'" she continues.

"Liz listen, I'm not in the mood for your games"

She begins to lean in and there's no way out. She kisses me. I step back and look at her in shock. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Wanda, standing at her locker, with Betty. She looks at me, with disappointment in her eyes. I look at Liz angrily. Wanda runs down the hall into the girls bathroom and Betty goes in chasing after her. Betty stops in the doorway when she sees me about to follow her in. She looks at me angrily.

"Look, I know we've never really talked before but let me set things straight for you. Wanda is not ready to talk to you. When she is she'll come to you. But you need to give her some time, space and you need to prevent other girls from kissing you. You two are broken up, so there's nothing you can do right now. Sorry Parker", and she walks into the bathroom.

There's nothing I can do?

I was ready to drop everything for her. If she would have just given me a damn chance. I would have apologized, I would have done what she wanted. I'd do anything to stay with her. But she doesn't want to make up, if she did she would have talked to me this morning. She would have talked to me now.

I lean against the wall next to the door, and slowly slouch down and sit on the ground. I pound my head against the wall. I'm such an idiot. This is my fault not hers, what am I doing blaming her?