Chapter 3 - PETER'S POV

I text Aunt Nat about what just happened. She sends back shocking face emojis.

Nat: Don't sweat it, Pete. I mean I never liked that Liz girl anyways so thank god you're done with that. Just apologize to Wanda. Make Liz apologize too.

Was I done with Liz? Just then she walks into class. Her friends gather around her as she doesn't sit next to me like she usually does. I text Ned. He doesn't respond. Class starts and thirty minutes in, I loose it. I can't be in this room anymore. I can't even look at her. I ask the teacher to go to the bathroom and go for a walk. I end up in the stairwell, just sitting. Waiting for time to pass by. Contemplating my decisions. How long has this been happening? Why didn't Wanda speak up? I mean she could throw her into a wall if she wanted to... I laugh at this thought. I've always had a soft spot for Wanda. I want her to be happy. I used to have feelings for her. But it was better off if we were just friends.

Just then, I hear footsteps. Thinking it might be a teacher I web the ceiling and stay up there. I notice the long boots and red jacket. I web her arm and she screams. I laugh. She laughs. Then we're both laughing hysterically. I sit back in under the stairs with Wanda and we talk. Not about Liz, or drama. Just about anything that comes into our heads. By then the bell rings and I whisper "shit". She smiles, helps me up and she runs back up the stairs. I walk back slowly. While not paying attention, I bump into Liz. "Peter? Do you want to skip second and talk?", I nod.

We walk out to the football field and sit on the bleachers. I shoot Nat a text that I'm skipping second, and that she needs to make sure Tony or Steve don't get the phone when the school calls. She sends back a thumbs up.

"I just want to know why. Did you think I was cheating on you with her? Do you not trust me?"

"Peter no! I trust you. It's that freak I don't trust" she exclaims.

I shoot her a look. "Don't call her that"

"Peter that's what she is! Everyone knows it! Besides I'm not the only one. She's different. She's weird. I didn't want her hurting you, pulling some of that witch stuff on you. I also didn't want her to make a move on you!" She tried to grab my arm and I pull it away.

"Enough" I yell, maybe louder than I should have, "I'm done", she looks up at me to protest, "No Liz, I'm done with this. Done with YOU"

I walk away. Leaving Liz crying on the bleachers.