Chapter 5 - PETER'S POV

We sit in silence for a little. I look at her. She's more than a "freak". Why can't anyone see that? She is creative and loving and everything in between. I'm gonna make whoever else made her feel like this pay. "Wanda, you need to tell me who," I say softly.

She scoffs. "Peter if you think I'm telling you their names so you can beat them up, you've got a whole other thing coming to you"

"Wanda—" She gets up. And I follow.

"Peter I already said no. I don't want revenge or to make them pay! I was willing to deal with it for another year because Liz made you happy! The football team made you happy! You were happy. And if you were happy that was good enough for me. God don't you get it!" She looks up and rolls her eyes.

"Wanda." I grin a bit. She is so adorable when she's angry. I give her a pleading look as I move towards her.

"No shut up and listen Parker. Now that you've broken up with Liz, it's caused an even bigger mess! You guys were good together." I walk closer to her. She turns towards the parking lot. "She made you so happy Peter. They'll hate me even more now!" She's starting to panic. She walks away faster. I web her wrist and turn her around. I pull her towards me, we're face to face. She's looking at me, still with tears in her eyes.

"Liz doesn't make me happy. I tried to tell you this morning..." She's silent. "You make me happy Wanda". Our faces are so close, our foreheads are almost touching.

I lean in. I'm going for it. She seems shocked. I stop and look in her eyes for reassurance. She smirks slightly and pulls me back in by the collar. This amazing girl has always been in front of me, and I couldn't see her. I mean, when I saw her in Germany, I knew she was special. I fell in love with her right there. But then we became too close as friends, I don't know. The idea of dating became distant. My thoughts are interrupted by the screeching of the bell, and the flood of teenagers coming out of the school. We stand back for a second. What just happened? What did I do? We run back inside to grab our stuff. I grab her hand and dart to Clint's car.

"How was school?" he asks.

"Great," she says.

"A-mazing," I say slowly and I look at her. I smile and she settles back in her seat. She's looking out the window. She's trying to hide the smile widening on her face too. I shake my head and look down beaming. She likes me back!