Chapter 6 - WANDA'S POV

I'm freaking out! What are Steve and Tony gonna say? What's everyone gonna say? I really hope they aren't mad. I look at Peter. He's already looking at me. Usually, he'd look away. But this time, he just keeps looking in my eyes. He put his hand over mine in the middle seat and keeps looking at me. I weave my fingers into his. He mouths 'Even when you cry, you're beautiful'. I smile and shake my head. I look back out the window. His hand stays in mine the rest of the ride.
Once we arrive at the compound and we all get out of the car as usual. Nat sees us and smiles. She comes to walk me in and we both sit in my room.

"He kissed me," I smile.

She gasps. "Finally... So he's done with Liz?"

Nat is the only person who knows about my crush on Peter. I've liked him for about 6 months now. Ever since I saw him in Germany. She is also the only person who knows about the bullying. I think Steve might know too. Nat is good at keeping secrets but she couldn't keep this one from Steve. Her and Steve are kinda parental figures for me. I love them both to death.

"I think so. He walked in one her harassing me and lost it."

"He really does care about you, Wanda. Just don't get too hurt if it doesn't work out, which I'm not saying it won't. Just be careful."

She smiles and gives me a hug. She gets up and leaves my room. I pull my homework out of my bag. I try to get as much done as possible but can barely concentrate with him across the hall. An hour later, I hear Steve click open the door to tell me that dinner's ready. I'm done with homework for the night I guess. I go downstairs and sit in between Nat and Bucky at the dinner table. Bucky came back from Wakanda to visit for a little while. He said "for a mission", but I just think he missed being around all of us.

We begin to eat when Peter comes running down and he sits across from me.

"Kid, try to not cause a scene next time?"

"Sorry Mr. Stark, Sir."

I giggle quietly. Nat kicks me under the table. Peter smiles at me and reaches his leg out to touch mine.

"So," Steve says, "Anything happen at school today?"

I smile. "Not really" I lie. Peter puts on a fake offended face. He entangles his foot around my ankle. The rest of the table is having another conversation next to us.

"Oh really? So neither of you skipped class?"

We both stop. I nudge Nat with my knee.

"They had homework to catch up on. They didn't get a chance to finish a project last week because of the mission. I said yes when the asked me." she blurts out.

Peter keeps eating, as do I. Tony smiles. "Well next time you can ask me or Steve, just because Nat is the "cool one" doesn't mean WE won't understand."

I sigh of relief. Once I'm finished I get up and clean off my plate and so does Peter. I say goodnight to everyone, since I most likely won't see all of them later. Then I start to go back to my room. Peter wraps his arms around me from behind as we get to the top of the stairs. I turn around to face him.

"Come to my room later. We need to talk about you know..." he begins to blush.

"Us?" I laugh. He's so adorable. I roll my eyes playfully.

"Sorry I'm new at this!" He laughs. His smile gives me butterflies.

I kiss his cheek then walk back to my room and flop on the bed. I stare up at the ceiling. How are we gonna tell everyone? Will they let us sleep so close together, never mind LIVE together at all?