Chapter 10 - PETER'S POV

She kisses my forehead, then glides out of the room, shutting the door again. She walks down the hall towards the elevator. I bang my fist against the bed, "Damnit!", I yell. If I knew I was gonna loose my best friend by kissing her, I wouldn't have done it. Now things are awkward. I mean what am I supposed to do, go up to her and say "Hey Wanda! I'm finally over Liz, let's date now!"? Shit!

Clint walks into the room. "Hey kid, listen here," he says seriously, "that girl has been through enough, and so have you. You both don't need anymore drama in your lives, and you sure as hell don't need another person to look after, when you've got the whole city. If you hurt her. You are dead meat. Got it?"

"Oh trust me Clint, I would never. She's the one you have to worry about", I look at him straight faced so he knows I'm serious.

"Okay, kid. But watch out for yourself too alright?" he says, walking out of the room.

I nod and send him a salute.
——
The next few days are recovery. I only see Wanda when she brings me my homework, and that's all she does. She smiles, drop it on the table, explains it and leaves.

I'm so glad today is my last day in this damn bed. Bruce comes down to help me out of bed, since he's been taking care of me. He tells me I'll probably have to take a break from Spider-Man until my leg fully heals. He told me my ribs have healed nicely. My leg is still in a cast, so Bruce puts me on crutches.

I walk to the elevator and there's Wanda. I get in with her. She smiles "Finally you're out of the bed, class has sucked without you."

It's like nothing even happened between us. I nod and mumble back "mhm". We get to the floor of our rooms, I walk to my room and put a bag over my leg. I hop in the shower and just sit there, letting the water soak over my body. How can I show her how much I love her? How much we should be together?

I get out of the shower and dry off, I throw on my pyjama pants and walk back to the elevator to get food. Wanda happens to be walking towards the elevator as well. We both get in. It starts going down, level 3, I look at her. Level 2. I hit the stop elevator button with my crutch.

"Peter!" she yells, I stand in front of the button.

"We aren't leaving until we talk Wanda", I say sternly.

"Peter there is nothing to talk about!" she leans against the other side of the elevator.

"Nothing to—", I stammer, "Nothing to talk about my ass!"

FRIDAY asks in the elevator, "Mr. Parker, would you like me to continue the elevator?"

"No FRIDAY, we aren't leaving until me and Wanda are talking like normal again!"

"Alright sir." She sits down leaning against the elevator's wall. She leaves her knees tucked up. She puts her head in her hands. I sit down and lean my crutch against the wall. I stretch one leg out and keep the other tucked up.

"Peter, I don't know what you want from me! I'm doing this for you!", she's talking really fast. "I just hated seeing you hurt by Liz and you needed time to get over her without me in your head. I just want you to be happy, that's all I'll ever want Peter! Because I lo-" she stops.

My heart begins to race. Her face turns a pale pink. I look down. There is a long silence. I look up at her, she's looking down at her shoes.