Chapter 4 - WANDA'S POV

I see him going around the school. I ask the teacher for a hall pass and I run outside. He's sad. "Pete, oh god, I'm so sorry. It's all my fault you guys fought and now I'm the reason you broke up!" He stops me.

"Wanda don't." He looks at me with a red face and teary eyes. "Who is doing this to you?"

I'm confused. "Peter? What do you mean-"

"Who bullies you? Who are the people that harass you? Why have you never told me? You can't let everyone push you around Wanda!"

I feel a lump growing in my throat. Oh god.

"Pete I-"

"How long have they been pushing you around like this?! Liz, her friends, who else?"

"Peter no. I can't talk to you about this." My voice breaks.

"Why not? Because I wouldn't understand? Wanda, I was a geek who loved Star Wars freshman year! I'm sure I can understand"

Tears drip faster and faster down my face. "Peter" I look up at him. He's crying too. We sit on the curb and he wraps his arm around me. I get goosebumps as he brushes his hand up and down my arm. I look at him. Why is he crying for me? He entangles his hand in mine. At least an hour goes by. The third-period bell rings but we don't move. We just sit there in silence. Together. I was just trying to do what's best for him. After May died, we would barely talk, he wouldn't even get out of bed for a few days. Then Liz came along and he was happy again. I just loved seeing him happy. I could handle whatever harassment she, and the people she "controlled" threw at me.