Chapter 23

Enjoy :)

Chapter 23

Lexi run her hands through her hair and Angie breaks the silence, “You should fight Lexi I know you love her.”

“I can’t.” Lexi whispers.

“You can’t what.”

“I can’t sit here and watch Marie get married off. It’s breaking my fucking heart. You don’t fucking understand Angie. I’m leaving.” She screams at the top of her lungs. Angie can see Lexi turning red she even jumps Lexi has never raise her voice at her. No matter how mad she was. Two seconds later Charles walks through the door with Sophia at his side.

“What’s going on in here?” Charles asks with concern. Before Lexi could answer Angie hollers, “You’re giving up like a punk you are.”

This catches Lexi attention, “What the hell you know old lady.” The blonde defends, “You don’t know shit! What you want me to do walk in Marie house and claim my love. This is not an fucking fairytale story.”

Angie was getting livid her granddaughter has curse at her too many times but before Angie could argue further her son grab Lexi forcefully and hollers, “You will not disrespect your grandmother like that now leave and go get some air and come back in ten minutes and you better be back or you will be dealing with me.”

Lexi looks up at her father who is pissed off. Her father never got mad but now she could see her father was very disappointed in her. Lexi roll her eyes towards her grandmother and does what her father orders slamming the front door behind her.

Sophia sits there with a shock expression she didn’t know it was this bad. Angie had told her the story of Lexi love for someone who didn’t remember her. She generally felt sorry for Lexi but she honestly didn’t know it was hurting Lexi this much. ‘I guess she is good at hiding her emotions.’ Sophia thinks and then leaves out the front door while Charles and Angie argues about something. She finally finds Lexi and asks, “Want to talk.”

“No.” Lexi answers sitting on the steps of her floor. “How you knew I was here.”

“The door was open.” Sophia answers sitting down next to her. “The door is never open and I knew you wouldn’t go far since you have to be back in ten minutes.”

“How you know I would have return.”

“Because the look on your face when your father stared at you with so much disappointed hurt your feelings. You never want to see that look on your father face especially if that look is towards you.”

“You pay attention to a lot.” Lexi comments.

“I have my times.” Sophia answers.

They both sit there in silence until Lexi says, “I want to leave. It will fix me.”

“Then do that.” Sophia says. Lexi looks at her confuse thinking she would disagree. Sophia smirks, “It’s your decision no one will understand what you feel. That’s why it’s your choice if leaving will heal your wounds then that’s what you should do for you.”

“Thanks.”

Sophia stands, “Trust me if your heart doesn’t want you to go you will feel it and you will listen.” After that the dark haired lady left and Lexi took in her words. She was leaving and she was going to leave soon.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................