Chapter 20

Enjoy :)

Chapter 20

“So Josh Patterson you like running young, rich, woman off the road?” The detective asks.

Josh runs his hands through his brown hair and grins, “No I like running young, rich, woman in my bed.” The detective frowns and Josh grins again and asks, “Look Detective?” He questions.

“Detective Monroe.” The tall well-built detective answers.

“Detective Monroe why I’m I here?” Josh questions. “I could be doing better things on this Monday night.”

“Do you know of Marie Cullen.” The detective asks sliding over a picture of Marie.

Josh studies the picture and answers, “Yes she’s the rich girl who owns that wood company. Why you ask?”

“Well she was in a car accident.” Detective Monroe explains further.

“Yeah it was all over the news.” Josh comments. “This is what I hate about rich people. When they get hurt it’s broadcast like the world is about to end. But see if it was an individual like me and you. Nobody would care. She probably ran herself off the road on purpose for attention.”

Detective Monroe frowns. He knew Josh words were true but he still had to do his job. The law was the law no matter if it was a rich person or poor. “Look Josh Marie didn’t run herself off the road. It was a hit and run.”

“Okay?” Josh questions. “Why I’m I here. I don’t know her.”

“Because of this.” Monroe says sliding another picture over to Josh.

Josh picks up the picture and studies it. He then notices it’s his Jeep and somebody standing outside of it staring at another car that ran off the road. He figures its Marie car because one it’s a BMW and two it’s the one in a ditch.

“So you found my car.” Josh grins. “I hope it’s not damage.”

“Is this you admitting you hit Marie and left?”

“Hell No.” Josh replies. “Someone stole my jeep this Friday night.”

“Really Josh are you serious.”

“Yes Detective Monroe.” Josh says through clinch teeth.

“Why didn’t you report it in?”

“Because I thought one of my friends got it during the party. They we’re probably too drunk to know who car they got and plus I was having too much fun to care at that time. But the next morning I did report it stolen.”

“Josh it’s easier if you just admit it.”

“Look detective Monroe.” Josh argues. “Friday on this date and time.” Josh says pointing at the time and date at the bottom of the picture. “I was drunk and let’s say too high to drive.”

“And you have proof of this.” Monroe asks.

“Yes trust me I have plenty of women who know where I was.” Josh smirks.

“Josh I need someone who wasn’t under the influence of drugs or alcohol.” Detective Monroe says.

Josh leans back and thinks about Friday night. He thinks about what all he did and everywhere he went. Finally he stands, “I will bring you my receipt. I was at the liquor store. Me and my friend Mo-Mo went to get some more liquor you can even ask the young man who was working there that night. I wasn’t in my jeep and I was at the store around the time this happen.” Josh runs his hands through his hair and smiles, “Plus I’m pretty sure they have cameras outside all liquor stores.”