Chapter 12

Chapter 12

“Hello.” The unknown woman ask again. “Hello who is this?”

“This is Marie who is this?” the brunette asks.

“Marie? Why are you contacting Henry phone Marie?” the lady further asks.

Marie looks at the phone in disbelieve she should be the one asking questions. “Because I’m his fucking fiancé! Now who the hell is this?”

“Katie? Who you’re talking to?” Henry asks.

“Your fiancé.” Katie answers handing the phone to Henry. “Or she claims.”

Henry grabs the phone quickly and Marie doesn’t understand why someone would think she is lying about Henry being her fiancé. ‘Our relationship was broadcast all over the freaking news for Christ Sakes.” she thinks.

“Hello.” Henry says.

“Henry who is that woman that just answered the phone?” Marie asks.

“Oh that’s Katie.” Henry answers.

“Katie?” Marie asks. “Who the hell is Katie and why is she answering your phone. Where are you?”

“Babe calm down. Katie is my secretary she answers my office phone I guess she thought it was okay to answer my cell-phone. I’m at work got called in early.” Henry explains.

Marie bites her lip the way this Katie spoke to her over the phone made her feel like she wasn’t the only female in Henry life.

“Babe did you hear me?” Henry asks.

“Yes…. How long will you be at work?” Marie asks.

“I will be late honey.” Henry replies. “But I promise I will make it up this weekend. I’m sorry I didn’t leave a note of where I was. I really have to go honey don’t wait up.”

Marie wanted to ask more questions. Henry story just didn’t add up. No one ever answer Henry phone yet a woman and Marie knew all of Henry co-workers. Where the hell this mysterious Katie come from. She begins to bite her finger nails because she was thinking; thinking really hard about a Katie but nothing came up. ‘She has to be new.’ Marie thought. ‘No he would have told me of a new co-worker.’

Marie sits on the couch looking at the time she is late for work. She gets up and head for the shower hoping all her thoughts would go away.

When she walks in her building Henry and Katie was off her mind because it was time to focus on her company. When she greets everyone she walks in her office to see an office full of roses. She smiles and her secretary Anne comes behind her and says, “He is so sweet.”

Marie nods her head looking around her office at all the roses and chocolate and a teddy bear that said, ‘I’m Sorry.’ Marie smiles and curses herself for ever thinking Henry would cheat on her. ‘He has never lied once in our relationship so why should I doubt his trust.’ Marie thinks. The brunette begins to feel bad because she should be the one apologizing for thinking he would be cheating on her. After Marie moves all the gifts she texts Henry.

‘Babe thank you for the gifts it’s so sweet I’m sorry for having an attitude this morning. I was just worried and never heard of this Katie and I kind of freaked out.’

Five minutes later Henry text backed.

‘Honey you’re fine. I get it. The wedding and company is a lot of stress I shouldn’t be added to that list. So don’t blame yourself. That’s why I’m going to reward you this weekend. :)’